• Announcements

Welcome! New around here? Take a look at the New Members' Guide for some pointers.

Not a member yet? Sign up here and you can soon be chatting away with friends old and new..

Check out our Handy Information section if you're after something quickly!

• If you would like to support the forum, please consider visiting the forum shop, where you can purchase such items as NBN Burgees, Window Stickers, or even a custom Limited Edition Wooden Throttle Control Knob

Forum Shop

Wildfuzz

Robins Platter

Ok so I have got the platter turned and sanded to 240 grit. Sorry forgot to take work in progress images so these are when I remembered. 24" X 1 1/2" think I will use an oil finish as it is easier to maintain if in a nautical atmosphere. Going to need a lot of fruit to fill this one......

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

Very nice ............it could also double up as a serving tray when one is recieving guests on the upper aspects 

all Robin needs to do is get Griff a penguin suit :default_biggrin:

finny

• Haha 2

Hi Stuart, looking at the platter looks great  :default_icon_clap: .

I am looking for something  just like that, but a little smaller. So if you are thinking of maybe making another one, please give me a call :default_icon_bowdown:. Not joking :default_eusa_dance:.

Kind Regards

Marina   :default_stinky:  

Always happy to take a commission just pm me the sizes and any preference of wood or colour.

S.

Started having a play with combined resin and wood objects to, hopefully they will be similar to these......

Spheres.JPG

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Wildfuzz said:

Ok so I have got the platter turned and sanded to 240 grit. Sorry forgot to take work in progress images so these are when I remembered. 24" X 1 1/2" think I will use an oil finish as it is easier to maintain if in a nautical atmosphere. Going to need a lot of fruit to fill this one......

Brings back memories of when I "did" O-Level woodwork at school (and passed).

Oh wow, the platter is lovely, I’m sure it will be a brilliant addition to Indy. 

Am also loving the combined wood/resin- they are simply stunning  :1305_wave_tone1: 

Ok so whilst fettling the platter I had a go with the resin and wood combo, for a first attempt I am quite pleased, will make a plinth with a light source to show off the burr timber within, about 3 1/2" diametere

Sphere1.jpg

Sphere3.jpg

Sphere6.jpg

Sphere2.jpg

• Like 12

Are you going to sell the wood/rising combo they are so lovely I would love to have some please love paws 

On 2/22/2018 at 17:55, CambridgeCabby said:

When I saw the thread title , I immediately thought it was about yet another gourmet burger as enjoyed by our eponymous member 

No, just the construction of suitable sized tray for his average burger ......

Can we look forward to custom Morse control knobs on sale?

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

On 2/26/2018 at 08:24, Wildfuzz said:

Ok so whilst fettling the platter I had a go with the resin and wood combo, for a first attempt I am quite pleased, will make a plinth with a light source to show off the burr timber within, about 3 1/2" diametere

Sphere1.jpg

Sphere3.jpg

Sphere6.jpg

Sphere2.jpg

Are you really lucky or as I suspect a complete genius !!!!

Absolutely Stunning 

• Like 3

Complete genius... lol. No just lots of practice and a real enjoyment from tinkering with wood. And it gives me respite from the lovely Mrs W. or her from me!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1