His And Hers Boat Reviews?

YnysMon

4 hours ago, Gracie said:

I don't think I have ever not loved a boat I've been on, from budget to posh. I very rarely use the galley, I'm on holiday and I'm not cooking :default_eusa_naughty: The only gripe I have with most boats I've been on is the showers, a bit too cramped for me when I'm singing my version of a Whitney Houston song, or killing it a slow death more like Lol, and you think Jay's bad :default_norty:

How are you doing Lind? :default_icon_kiss:

Grace

Hi Grace :default_biggrin: Apart from doing it again and logging on as Howard, I'm fine!  We've just has a pump out at Swancraft, filled up with water and had a good yack.  Now heading for Rockland xx

Divorce in April is probably on the cards tho!

Lind 

Ps Grace, Howard hates Whitney Houston,  but I LOVE her. Woman after my own heart xx

• Like 3

4 hours ago, LondonRascal said:

I will pass this on to Shiela and see what she says..And don't think there will be no more Blogs from hire boats just yet..

Bet I know a boatyard you won’t be going to if you intend to solo helm! There are still so many boats for you to do blogs on Robin, your public is waiting.................

:default_stinky: (Certainly would be an idea for Shiela to get in on the act too, his ‘n hers reviews - what a great idea Helen.)

• Thanks 1

Aaahhh, I get it now. I can imagine you would not be pleased- Latham’s delights are not a good prospect tor days on end :default_blush: and he who thinks he is skipper (!!) also needs his fix of the full pub range every visit too. Great that the hire yards spoke- really giod example of customer service from both of them- and even better EA were able to let you on your way after all :default_biggrin:

Ps ‘hers’ reviews are a brill idea- I love it! 

For me, the loos and a lack of any detectable smell are absolutely make or break- very closely followed by whether there is a decent wine rack (don’t want bottles going askew when other boats pass a tad quickly), suitable glassware ( thimbles on small stems are NOT wine glasses!) and an icebox for the gin and ice in summer. Not an unreasonable list in my view....perhaps Sheila could consider these areas for her contribution to Captains blogs :default_drinks:

He who thinks he is captain (!) is holding his head in his hands currently- apparently he’d not fully appreciated why I like the lovely lady we are currently responsible  adults for, and that it’s not intrinsically linked to her engine/prop/handling...

hmm...I knew there was an engine but the rest? I’m still reeling from the fact there don’t appear to be brakes :default_coat:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I know that this is probably not what you would expect, but Mr N and I don't really drink on the boat. He uses the trip as a way to sample the extremely good pubs...and beers...available on the Broads.

I agree with you about the bathroom/toilet tho, but never had any problem with the boats that we've hired...so far at least. Swancraft were in particular superb and I personally still miss hiring from them:default_crying1animated: 

• Like 4

We still miss them as well. Hired from Summercraft back in the 90s with our children, then came back in 2012 and were fortunate enough to take Swan Reflection out as our first boat. Nothing else has quite been as perfect even though we have enjoyed several other boats.

I have a number of holiday tales in the relevant part of the forum for more "Hers" boat reviews. :)

• Like 3

Hi folks, another thing that bugs me (only slightly, as we're on holiday), is the size of the fridge on hire boats. Yes, I know that it's probably the same size fridge that you get in caravan, but perleeeeease! Nowhere to put any frozen stuff, and very limited with storage for chilled, like raw and cooked meat or salad. I bought a yellow pepper for salad and had to cut it in half to get it onto one of the 'shelves'. :default_crying1animated:

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Delilah said:

Nowhere to put any frozen stuff, and very limited with storage for chilled, like raw and cooked meat or salad. I bought a yellow pepper for salad and had to cut it in half to get it onto one of the 'shelves'. :default_crying1animated:

I never have any trouble with storing food in the fridge as I never bother with any, it's the fact you can't fit 10 crates of ale in there that is my issue.

1 hour ago, Delilah said:

Hi folks, another thing that bugs me (only slightly, as we're on holiday), is the size of the fridge on hire boats. Yes, I know that it's probably the same size fridge that you get in caravan, but perleeeeease! Nowhere to put any frozen stuff, and very limited with storage for chilled, like raw and cooked meat or salad. I bought a yellow pepper for salad and had to cut it in half to get it onto one of the 'shelves'. :default_crying1animated:

This can indeed be a bit of a problem as I always try to take enough so that we don't have to even think about mooring anywhere near shops for several days. We have a full size fridge freezer in our caravan. Once we get the caravan opened up again for the coming season then a trip to Woodforde's shop will be required to stock up on hubby's bottles of Wherry!

43 minutes ago, Delilah said:

Hi Jean,  I'm interested in reading these. Where may they be found, please? Xx

Hi Delilah, within the "All About the Broads" section you will find the "Holiday Tales & Blogs" forum. 

Autumn Delight - Bronze Emblem from October 17 (page 1)

All Aboard the Broads on Sonnet 1 from May 17 (page 2)

Moon Beam Adventure from September 16 (page 3 and this is an ex-Swancraft boat)

The Return to Swan Reflection 2 from June 16 (also on page 3)

A Mad March Hire on Rose Emblem from March 16 (page 4)

That covers the last couple of years and there are one or two others of mine there. You will also find a video at the end of each one. Putting these together has become a nice little hobby. Might not get out on a boat this year as we've just had the kitchen refitted so that's taken a lot of our pennies! But we bought a static caravan at Lowestoft in October 16 so there will still be some day trips and weekends around the area.

• Like 2

Hi Lind,

I second what Jean said. Holiday tales are just about the best bits of the forum. I love reading them. Not only do they (slightly) compensate for not being on the Broads yourself but (as I think Jean once commented) there are lots of good hints to be picked up (just as we find on your’s and NN’s blogs). 

Completely agree with you about the fridges on a lot of boats! I’ve got a list of ‘must haves’ (since its usually me that chooses our boat...my Graham’s usual response to any question about our holiday plans being ‘as long as I’m with you love’). The list starts with: must get under bridges, must have room for the dog’s crate and some mewhere near the top of the list...a decent sized fridge!

Helen

• Like 2