Signing Off And Leaving

27 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

I can’t remember how many times I’ve written a post and then deleted it, probably as many times as I’ve actually posted. I try to read over what I’ve composed and, if in doubt, just in case someone, somewhere, might take offence, delete.

Okay, some may think that’s overly cautious, but I think it’s really difficult to gauge how people might react when you’re not communicating face to face. 

:default_biggrin::default_biggrin: I do that all the time, no more.

From now on everything I post will upset or offend somebody somewhere.

Not really

• Haha 1

?YnsMon, 

Your emoticon has just creased  up a few people here.

Why s sad face, truth cannot be sad sir.

Controversial maybe but still the truth.

Then we agree to differ Vaughan, and as JM says step back, it serves no purpose and only shows the divisions in purpose and outlook. Short of this personal difference I generally respect most of your views on here, let’d not allow an archaic and elitist etiquette spoil that respect.

Maybe meet you one day an have an arm wrestle over who buys the pint one day and who has to fly the Jolly Roger on their boat for a week, that’s about the level of it all, this kind of trivia matters not, I or anyone will cruise the inland waterways flying whatever flag we wish, or are entitled to, and when in international or foreign water boat international rules, NOT a problem for 99% of broads boaters I suspect.

YnysMon,

I chose my words very carefully as I always do and psssed them by my beautiful barrister friend here and we don’t believe those two words are on the proscribed list of offensive, sectarian or otherwise offinsive politically incorrect language ?

Maybe ‘Broads Boater’ is though

Wow, someone has well and truly taken one of John's rocket stoves (another name for the log cooker) and placed it under this thread and struck the match.

Historical disagreements should be just that, historical. Longer term members don't want a rerun of the same old arguments, newer members have no idea what you're talking about.

Let's not lose anymore members, speaking of which, Ricardo hasn't left, he is just taking a break from posting. He appears in the list of recent visitors frequently, so he's still taking an interest. I'm sure he'll return to posting  when he's ready. Perhaps if people have nothing constructive to say, they could consider doing the same until they feel ready to contribute positively again.

The snow is melting, virtually gone down here. Spring is really just around the corner now. Don't let cabin fever take over. Look forward to the new season and sharing it with the people on here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

My 'end of' comment was aimed as much at you as anyone else. 

Just finished my PM to you JM, before I saw this comment, do you can now read my PM and see how much I’m bothered about threats from shadows and  the sanctions those unknown shadows could impose.pn s man that speaks fact. I could go further and actually ask who those shadows were and a lot of other things to but that’s not for today. It’s another year soon.

I only ever post truth and fact, that is NOT against the TOS as some may try to interprit  it.

bite me if I’m wrong JM , being controversial isn’t wrong just because it doesn’t fit with the establishment niceties.

Yes there is, as I suspect you full well know JM, no absolute right of free speech in this country, unless you sit in the plush green or red seats of Westminster so as I currently don’t I suppose I have to fall back on truth. 

If the truth doesn’t fit the forum, you or your buddies have the sanction..

42 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

OM = 'Old Man'

TVMOM = 'Thanks Very Much Old Man'

Griff

There is NO polite answer to that child, just behave yourself says the old git  ?.

Mmm! The way things are going and the current establishment modsmood that prevails I may not be posting here much longer, I may well be sanctioned when the mods wake up in the morning. 

wish you all well anyway. See you on the rivers?

22 minutes ago, MorningSwan said:

Just finished my PM to you JM, before I saw this comment, do you can now read my PM and see how much I’m bothered about threats from shadows and  the sanctions those unknown shadows could impose.pn s man that speaks fact. I could go further and actually ask who those shadows were and a lot of other things to but that’s not for today. It’s another year soon,....

Sir... Go to bed, come back when you are refreshed, you have much to offer.:91_thumbsup:

Wyndham,

believe me, I do not if I am in drink of that is what you are insinuating,

OK a couple of typos may support that by fat fingers and a small screen lead to some interesting American variations even if the dictionary is an approximation of English.

I am/was a professional and have the qualls to prove it but I shouldn't Have to justify that here.and NO those who think Breydon Warer is the N. Atlantic think they are expert are dadly mistKen, at se you get more tha little three foot waves.

Frankly fed up of it, my boat will probably leaving Sometime next year away from the politics, D’heads and idiocy back into proper coastal waters where normal sense and rules apply, let the admin of the BA line their pockets i their search for s knighthood for their saint, it eon’t Be with my money anymore.

21 minutes ago, MorningSwan said:

Wyndham,

believe me, I do not if I am in drink of that is what you are insinuating,

OK a couple of typos may support that by fat fingers and a small screen lead to some interesting American variations even if the dictionary is an approximation of English.

I am/was a professional and have the qualls to prove it but I shouldn't Have to justify that here.and NO those who think Breydon Warer is the N. Atlantic think they are expert are dadly mistKen, at se you get more tha little three foot waves.

Frankly fed up of it, my boat will probably leaving Sometime next year away from the politics, D’heads and idiocy back into proper coastal waters where normal sense and rules apply, let the admin of the BA line their pockets i their search for s knighthood for their saint, it eon’t Be with my money anymore.

MS don't be so raged. It's not worth it. Right now I'm listening to Walter Williams and Eddie Levert from the o jays live in darylls house, you want a link? Your fat fingers are welcome on any boat I hire to teach a novice how it's done. Now.......go to bed :default_biggrin:

Wyndham, 

I don’t know you, as far as I am concerned I doubt you know me, and you suggesting I go to bed is a little presumptions if not insulting, you have no concept of my life or the hours I keep. Yes they are outside what ‘normal’ people keep but with good reasons which I will not share he but all that is aside the issue of what this thread is about.

I posted an opinion and it was contested strenuously by a member I previously respected, a member who I believe has extensive experience in inland waterways, I have no idea as to his experience offshore or oceanic waters of which I have extensive experience, not all brilliant but very much learning experiences even when I was in command.

this is why I maybe looked upon as a stirrer, a year and a half or so ago someone, and then another stated as fact my statement was wron, yes maybe as they interprit the laws they may be right but I have lived that life and I know what I am entitled to do if I wish. They have’t, they read a book, I’m a great advocate of reading for education as many of my peers are but a book does not teach practicality and is own to interpretation.

I don’t want or need to start s disagreement with anyone, I have nothing to prove, the ones that argue or disagree may have, that’t Why they raise their voice.

end of the day( ooh! What a cliched saying) I’m me,  take it or leave it if you can’t cope.

On 03/03/2018 at 00:48, SteveO said:

The trouble with any form of "electronic" communication is that you miss all the subtle nuances such as tone of voice, facial expression , "body language" and the rest  that you would normally have when talking face to face, and which humans have evolved over thousands of years to recognise.  You also lose the ability to immediately follow up on any misunderstanding of or ambiguity in the message. 

When I  was  working,  colleagues would, from time to time. get involved in e-mail  "wars" with people in other departments. If left to themselves, these would fester. and/or escalate. When investigated, these were often caused by misunderstanding, often over trivial points,  for the reasons I outline above.  When the individuals concerned were in my group, I would insist that they either sit with the person with whom they were feuding and resolve their issues or, if this was not possible, pick up the phone and talk.  I am sure this didn't make me popular but it certainly avoided a lot of conflict.

Sadly, none of this is possible on a forum like this so it behoves all of us to be as clear as possible when posting,  to try and see things from the perspective of people who will be reading our posts and to not take things too seriously when you see something that you interpret as a direct threat or criticism. Chances are, it was not meant.  Also please try to restrain yourself from posting whilst deep in your cups.  In vino veritas is all very well, but people can find your version of the truth extremely hurtful.

I will just refer you all back to this post, particularly the first half of last paragraph.

I suspect that if Ricardo is reading this that you are just proving his reasoning.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Roll on Spring, I say

Be kind and nice everyone. life's far too short

We've got messing about on the rivers to look forward to. Happy boating everyone and all of you have a really nice day

Well, I had to say something, didn't I? :default_biggrin:

Grace :default_icon_kiss:

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

Well I'm up to the boat this afternoon and 

15 minutes ago, Gracie said:

Roll on Spring, I say

Be kind and nice everyone. life's far too short

We've got messing about on the rivers to look forward to. Happy boating everyone and all of you have a really nice day

Well, I had to say something, didn't I? :default_biggrin:

Grace :default_icon_kiss:

I'm up to the boat after work today and shall pop in to the Bridge Inn for supper.

That's what its all about......... and if anyone on here fancies saying Hi :default_beerchug:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bound2Please said:

Thank you coolcat, but I'll bed stuck here at my desk

Regards

Charlie

Sorry........another time Sir :14_relaxed:

I'm off to Stansted from Clacton first and then in and around Great Yarmouth before getting to Acle.

Working in Lowestoft and Ipswich on Tuesday.

• Like 1