Faircraft Loynes New 2-4 Berth Cruisers

DAVIDH

From an emailed newsletter received today:

4794c646-9b60-489d-9c61-2796c9de18e3.jpg

With all that excitement, what next?

We are delighted to be able to tell you that we have ordered two new cruiser hulls. Our boat builders and marine engineers will be building this brand new class of cruiser ready for the 2019 season. These dual steering cruisers will sleep 2 – 4 people and have a fantastic sun deck, very spacious living area and luxury cabin and bathroom, as well as all the usual high-quality features that you would expect from a Faircraft Loynes premier cruiser.

All we need now is a name!! Any ideas? Remember all of our cruiser names begin with Fair. We look forward to receiving your suggestions!

1 hour ago, NonTecky said:

That looks very similar to the Hull used by Ferry Marina for Silent and Zircon.... Should be great!

I thought exactly the same thing. If I can ever save enough pennies I've definitely got my eye on hiring one of them.

1 hour ago, LondonRascal said:

Good to see some new boats coming on stream in time, not so sure about the looks in profile the bow and forward part looks a bit 'Alpha Craft Lowliner' to me but reimagined for today's market.

ALPH-BH1014-EX1.jpg

Sorry Robin but for me, that is one ugly looking boat.

It's good to see new 2-4 berth boats being built, they've been few in number in recent years (Richardsons please take note). 

I can see the resemblance to the Alpha Lowliner but alas dual steers that can pass under low bridges have fallen out of fashion and I'll be interested to see what the air draft is on this one. 

• Like 3

Must agree with Simon, two to 4 berths are quite thin on the ground, particularly newer ones. Swancraft were one of the few yards to build several new smaller boats. It could be down to economics, they probably make more money from hiring bigger boats.

I think its also true that the punters want more and more luxury which is maybe why FL tend to build upwards to create more space. The Brooms and the Ferry boats seem to follow this trend.

Personally I'd have a low airdraft Alpha any day of the week but that's just me!!!!

• Like 1

As mentioned they will be using the same hull that was used by Ferry Marina with their Zircon addition which was a 2 + 1. The length being 11.97mtr. They are now building Tranquil Emblem which is a 4 + 2. There is no length mentioned   In the build spec  only that photos are of similar boats. I hope they will be proportionately longer.

8 hours ago, Graham47 said:

As mentioned they will be using the same hull that was used by Ferry Marina with their Zircon addition which was a 2 + 1. The length being 11.97mtr. They are now building Tranquil Emblem which is a 4 + 2. There is no length mentioned   In the build spec  only that photos are of similar boats. I hope they will be proportionately longer.

Not exactly a smaller boat then.

Fred

• 1 month later...

I personally love to see these type of boats being built as it helps us get some peace and quiet on the waters above the bridges. They will also help reduce the traffic jam at Wroxham bridge pilot landing. Could that more pathetic?

Just joined the forum after watching Robins latest Blog. What ever happened to the CC GL2 boats?

First went to the broads on Broadwave 3 in 1965 from Coltishall. Now there was a classy boat. Saw one for sale at Ludham Bridge last year. Took me back to the petrol engine and the curtain for a Loo door. We still have the booking form and the food order we made from Roys.

J

• Like 3

17 hours ago, SwanR said:

Welcome to the forum Jono. Look forward to hearing about your visits to the Broads. Or are you lucky enough to live in the area?

17 hours ago, SwanR said:

Welcome to the forum Jono. Look forward to hearing about your visits to the Broads. Or are you lucky enough to live in the area?

When I have found my way around the Forum Jean and decided the best place for what ever I may do that. Unfortunately I live in Cheshire so a fair way from my favourite place but visit as often as possible even if it is in a cottage.

Broadwave receipt.pdf

• Like 1

Yet another modern looking big white plastic blob. When is someone going to build a traditional style broads cruiser, but out of modern materials?. It CAN be done, and it would have much more carachter than these ugly monstrosities. And before anybody comes back saying "that`s what the market wants", i don`t think it does, the market has too many ugly ducklings, and needs something designed on a classic line, but using hi tech materials and standards of fit out.

Going to have to disagree with you on this one Speedtriple. I like the look of most of the newer boats built at Richardson’s, Ferry Marina and NBD over the last few years. Each to their own.