Best Route To Sea

groova

Just now, Smoggy said:

It can on big springs but most of the time it's ok, I've been aground there but only the once, I need about the same as you, it's my normal jump off point for an early yarmouth exit.

Brilliant, thanks for the info.

One of our owners did moor there a few years ago, yes there is a danger of mooring on one side of the marina. His complaint was the charges for mooring, £18 was the cost of the welcome pack, he thought this would contain a bottle of wine, sadly just leaflets and he also had to buy electric cards.

You would be better off mooring outside the Fisherman's or on the 24 hour moorings.

Regards

Alan

Lowestoft every time for me.  

JW is right - Lowestoft much more geared up for pleasure vessels, and no bar to get over on the way out.

Overnight at the yacht station, hearty breakfast at the Wherry, then out.  Failing that, RNSYC overnight and you are really on the doorstep of going out quickly and easily.  Also shops for final topping up of the biscuit barrel and milk. Diesel too.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone who provided thoughts and experience on this topic. We arrived at the Oulton Broad yachstation yesterday and passed through Mutford lock this afternoon en route to RNSYC where we are now. Looks like we’ll be here tomorrow as well as the mist is forecast to remain.

Thanks

Jon

• Like 1