Councillor Reappointed To BA Committee

Labrador

Hello Paul, I don't know how familiar you are with the Broads Authority but every so often there is a 'peer review'. I have been involved with one and it was a complete white wash but this time a few cages have been well and truly rattled and quite a lot said behind closed doors. Anyway, here is a copy of the formal response:

http://www.broads-authority.gov.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0004/1064506/Broads-Authority-report-12.12.17.pdf

Hmmm, OK  I am more used to Educational reports, and they can get incisive, but I do think that was pretty bland, though. I saw little evidence of bite, and where recording was advocated, so too was more closed door 'informal consultation'. 

Yes the team would seem to be staying on the case and that is indeed encouraging.

Thanks GM, It will need some reading so it may take a little  time,it will be read though.

I love reports like this, more for what they don`t say than do.I only hire boats once or twice a year but have been visiting the broads for forty years and love the area, I would not like it ruined by red tape or others agenda`s.May I also thank yourself and palladin for reporting on BA matters  it keeps forum members informed, even though not everyone will agree

paul

22 minutes ago, Polly said:

Hmmm, OK  I am more used to Educational reports, and they can get incisive, but I do think that was pretty bland, though. I saw little evidence of bite, and where recording was advocated, so too was more closed door 'informal consultation'. 

Yes the team would seem to be staying on the case and that is indeed encouraging.

Consider, Polly, that the review was conducted by members of similar organisations, thus perhaps there is a degree of 'sympathetic' comment. That said the report is pretty damning in regard to the Authority's sometimes less than positive relationships with neighbouring authorities, possibly not least that of Lana's own constituency. I am reliably informed that some serious heart to heart talks subsequently took place at Yare House, however I doubt that the content of which is on record.

• Like 1

What has to be remembered is that the Doctor has long sought to reduce the size of committees, even at one time attempting to abolish the Navigation Committee. Committees of one are obviously preferable but since that was unlikely then small was the next best option, easier to control too. Lana has been reinstated and two new members elected, a clear and important step-down by Dr John, he's losing his grip, this welcome reversal shouldn't be underestimated. The new members, three elected members representing their local communities, good innit? 

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

Or perhaps getting tired of the fight and trying to improve the transparency and regain the trust.

I'm not convinced that it is an action of J.P's choice, rather it's one forced upon him by, perhaps, the Chairlady and probably as a result of the Peer Review. Whatever, a step in the right direction and almost certainly for your stated reasons.

• Like 1