Brundall

Wyndham

8 hours ago, MauriceMynah said:

I hope to visit both Peachments and Brian Wards this year,

I take it you are planning on breaking things, which bits do you plan to break and how are you thinking of going about it? We may be able to give advice on how to break them better and make it more expensive for you.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

How very kind, however. I seem to have beaten you to it. My diesel central heating fails to fire up whilst (and at the same time) my refrigerator also fails to start. I understand Peachment's to be agents of both makes. (webasto and Isotherm)

Why do you need either?

If the heating ain't getting the boat warm I can't see the need for the fridge to cool anything down. You just may have the best of both worlds and not realised it yet. :default_gbxhmm:

• Haha 4

Both problems at once say battery problems to me or wiring to them, I'd hold back on running off to a dealer and prod around with a multimeter first, needs to be done with start attempts happening or there won't be enough load for the volts to drop.

Or sleep inside the fridge as you'll be well insulated from the cold.

The problem here is that I'm accidently "drip feeding" you all, the relevant information. Back in 2016 I purchased an inverter. Plugging it in, there was a blue flash (at the inverter) a pop (at the fuse box) and all the electrics on the starboard side failed.

I replaced the blown fuse and normal service was, I thought, resumed. It was when I went for the milk the next day I realised that the fridge wasn't working. It was towards the end of the season and I reckoned I could do without it for a while. I went through the 2017 season without the fridge but realised that it was needed after all, so this year I'm trying to get it repaired. I think Peachment's beckons

Throughout the last two winters the central heating has worked well, but at Christmas it failed halfway through my holiday after having been working rather hard. I think it's possible that the fuel filter is partially blocked and I shall change it, but if the problem goes deeper, then once again, Peachment's beckons.

Hi John, (Maurice Mynah), i`m sure all the members of the Lightning syndicate would`nt mind you using Lightnings mooring at Brooms if you intend to visit between Sunday morning and Friday afternoon. Our new mooring is (all direction as heading TOWARDS Norwich) on the North bank imediately  before the dyke  on the downstream side of Brooms fuel / pumpout quay. It`s a riverside mooring, and is a 4-5 minute walk to Brian Wards or Peachments. You could also stop the night, and visit the Yare, providing Lightning IS`NT due back.  That said, if you wanted an engineer from Peachments to work on Nyx, you would have to leave Brooms yard, as we`re NOT allowed outside contractors to work on Brooms site.

On the point of Brundall,  we like the place as is. Good shopping, good eating, and very easy to get to. I will agree though Brundall Riverside estate DOES need a decent amount of visitor moorings, although as already stated elsewhere, hirecraft can always moor at the hire yards.

14 minutes ago, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

On the point of Brundall,  we like the place as is. Good shopping, good eating, and very easy to get to. I will agree though Brundall Riverside estate DOES need a decent amount of visitor moorings, although as already stated elsewhere, hirecraft can always moor at the hire yards.

Not many hire yards left in Brundall .... not many left on the south side at all. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SwanR said:

Not many hire yards left in Brundall .... not many left on the south side at all. 

Just one on the riverside estate, Silverline

59 minutes ago, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

Hi John, (Maurice Mynah), i`m sure all the members of the Lightning syndicate would`nt mind you using Lightnings mooring at Brooms if you intend to visit between Sunday morning and Friday afternoon. Our new mooring is (all direction as heading TOWARDS Norwich) on the North bank imediately  before the dyke  on the downstream side of Brooms fuel / pumpout quay. It`s a riverside mooring, and is a 4-5 minute walk to Brian Wards or Peachments. You could also stop the night, and visit the Yare, providing Lightning IS`NT due back.  That said, if you wanted an engineer from Peachments to work on Nyx, you would have to leave Brooms yard, as we`re NOT allowed outside contractors to work on Brooms site.

Very kind of you, thank you. I shall be able to give plenty of warning to you of my plans nearer the time.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MauriceMynah said:

In fairness Ricardo, there's no reason you would be aware that whilst using my legs is no problem, using my feet is not so easy. (both being somewhat numb from the diabetes)

This issue is further complicated by my having no idea where Church fen is, and just to cap the deal, My phone doesn't do google maps or the like. It's an old fashioned Nokia !

Now, I do agree that as I have the leisure 40 OS map of the area, that's on the boat all the required info is there to be had, but sadly..... I ain't! :-)

Sorry MM I didn't mean it like that , I'll be the first yo admit its a not of a trek bud n in winter not particularly pleasant muddy n all , so far this winter iv had to use dog not as a guage for how deep the flood water was , don't worry he loves it as he's nuts anyway .