A Spring Tale

17 minutes ago, Londonlad1985 said:

4. Red Lion? 

1 minute ago, NorfolkNog said:

Silly me, Red Lion and Lollards Pit hiding in the background 

There's a nice riverside terrace round the back 

That's it just 2 and 3 left. Here's a clue, neither are anywhere near Norwich :default_biggrin:

3 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

I'll have a stab at 2 Wherry Hotel?????

1 minute ago, diesel falcon said:

i think 2 is the Wherry hotel?

Correct :default_biggrin:

Well done guys

3 hours ago, finny said:

Great thread people :default_biggrin:

finny

I agree, it's been good, light hearted fun, it's what the forum needs sometimes. Of course it has absolutely nothing to do with that gorgeous Firefighter fellow at all :default_norty: (you believe that you'll believe anything) :default_biggrin:

Grace

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

It's possible that it's a forum first Gracie 

holiday tale come photo gallery come wuthering heights and then  blow me ( not literally) the man turns it into a quiz 

no end of talent - I guess this is what becomes from sliding down his pole all day :default_biggrin:

finny

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, finny said:

holiday tale come photo gallery come wuthering heights and the blow me ( not literally) the man turns it into a quiz 

no end of talent - I guess this what becomes from sliding down his pole all day :default_biggrin:

finny

Oh Finny please, now I have thoughts of Jay sliding down poles in my head :default_biggrin: Do cold showers really work? :default_norty: 

Cathy.....No, sorry, I mean Grace

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Gracie said:

Of course it has absolutely nothing to do with that gorgeous Firefighter fellow at all :default_norty: (you believe that you'll believe anything) :default_biggrin:

Grace

If i ever find out who he is I'm gonna be having words.

So you haven't really enjoyed my inane ramblings then? :default_dry:

17 minutes ago, finny said:

holiday tale come photo gallery come wuthering heights and then  blow me ( not literally) the man turns it into a quiz 

no end of talent - I guess this is what becomes from sliding down his pole all day :default_biggrin:

finny

Who's been sliding down my pole all day? Grace what have you been saying???

4 hours ago, Bexs said:

Loving the scenic tour of watering holes, oh and the broads of course... :default_beerchug:

I though the two go together hand in hand :default_biggrin:

3 hours ago, Londonlad1985 said:

Great write up Jay.

Thanks mate, although (for the first time I am sure) you are a little premature, it ain't over yet baby :default_icon_cool:

You'll have to wangle some more 2 week stints for us pub lovers.

I'd love to mate. Maybe in the winter when it's a bit easier getting leave.

I've been enjoying guess the pub and you've encouraged me to visit the ones I've not managed to yet. 

Glad you enjoyed it. Many more pubs to come in the future im sure :default_biggrin:

Saturday 7th April

A lie in for the crew left me walking the mini beast and drinking coffee first thing (performing for the webcam once again :default_biggrin:) before our second visit of the week to The Wherry for breakfast (coffee for me)

Everyone suitably refreshed (some might say feeling slightly overindulged) I untied lines, gave the hotel camera a wave goodbye to anyone who happened to be watching and set off at around 11 am 20180407_105902.thumb.jpg.bc445266e809acd99ef2d51a72292f87.jpg

back out onto the River Waveney before heading along the new cut and The Yare river.

It was a wonderful day, this idiot travelling with his head out the helm window as always as the rest of the crew talked and played games.

The day was so nice and enjoyable I actually forgot to take many pictures as I daydreamed travelling gently along the water.

20180407_143504.thumb.jpg.d5eca6e6cbda80d8be5a91ea19e304ce.jpg

Reaching Brooms at Brundall I refilled with fuel (£197 for the 2ish weeks) and had the toilets sorted before heading into our home mooring, making an absolute pigs ear of it ending up about 3 foot away from the bank (meerkats beginning to appear in boat windows), I blame the wind that was blowing us away from the mooring :default_blush:.

After backing out into the River I succeeded at my second attempt, pride semi restored but hey who can say they never mess up every now and again :default_biggrin:

After walking the beast once more we headed into the Yare where I enjoyed good conversation and a couple or more beers.

Heading back to the boat in the late evening we had tea and played a couple more games before heading off to bed.

Sunday 8th April

I have been fortunate enough to acquire a third consecutive week on the boat. Unfortunately everyone else has to return home and are unable to come back later in the week.

I was unable to get leave for Sunday and Monday so after giving the boat a thorough scrub in the rain and loading up the car it was time for me to head home for two night shifts before I shall return on Tuesday alone.

I'm not sure if I will head out, I might use the boat as a base to explore via car some of the areas sights but I shall see when the time comes. One thing is for sure though, pubs will be visited and photos will follow.

More to follow soon.

I will look forward to reading about whatever you decide to do with your next few days on board.  I did see the boat on the Wherry webcam but missed your departure. Always interesting to see what's going on. I'm sure that we will get back to Oulton Broad at some point this summer.

• Like 1