A Spring Tale

The best example of Mr N's  "and this is a public footpath.....don't I take you to some fantastic places" was in 2015, when we walked from Salhouse village to The Lodge, a place I had never been before. This was indeed said public footpath.........

DSC_0194.JPG

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

Probably the last time you took Grace fishing JF!! :default_biggrin:

I'd take Grace many places Mr Nog but if we ever end up fishing together there has been a massive, massive misunderstanding

1 minute ago, Delilah said:

.....try that with 6 inch heel boots.....

Ok, I will try and remember them in August, but I do struggle to find something they go well with that doesn't clash my handbag

3 minutes ago, Jayfire said:

Ok, I will try and remember them in August, but I do struggle to find something they go well with that doesn't clash my handbag

I hope they will be in patent white JF so you can dance round your hand bag.......... opps wrong county  :default_coat:

• Haha 3

Well I must say this has been a very enjoyable thread :default_beerchug:

Its been fascinating to follow JF on his travels and of course the excellent watering holes he has visited (all in the course of research of course). The photos really make it come alive too.

Not only that but we have had romance, intrigue and shoes thrown into the mix :default_norty:

I, for one, am certainly looking forward with anticipation to the next foray in August.

Well done JF (and all the other excellent contributors of course)  :default_winko:

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

Well I must say this has been a very enjoyable thread :default_beerchug:

Its been fascinating to follow JF on his travels and of course the excellent watering holes he has visited (all in the course of research of course). The photos really make it come alive too.

Not only that but we have had romance, intrigue and shoes thrown into the mix :default_norty:

I, for one, am certainly looking forward with anticipation to the next foray in August.

Well done JF (and all the other excellent contributors of course)  :default_winko:

Well said Mr N

These are the best aren't they?

Looking forward to a Summer Tale next

Thank you for allowing us along the ride with you babe, I loved it

Grace :default_icon_kiss:

• Thanks 2

• 1 month later...

Well it's coming towards the end of spring, but I have time for one last spring tale, the northern numpty coming to a river near you (if you live in Norfolk or Suffolk) soon.

Invest in your earplugs the lager drinking, song singing idiot shall be back to his loudest vocal volume, pubs will be visited, kegs shall run dry, music shall be sung along to and the incriminating evidence shall be posted.

:default_beerchug:

Tuesday 5th June

Miserable and gloomy.

But enough about how I am feeling, it's a late start to a short trip to Norfolk, and by the end of the week everything shall be bright and cheerful again right?

Right?

A bad weekend, followed by an immediate recall to work after returning from Spain yesterday led to a long hard night working on a fire in a landfill, hardly something to lift ones mood.

So at 0920, the car is packed and off I go on a trip I wasn't sure I would be making.

See you all in Brundall.

3 hours ago, psychicsurveyor said:

Don't worry about sun cream,  it's very cloudy in Brundall .

That's handy as my skin is already peeling from last week :default_eusa_naughty:

First one of the trip, nice and easy (for the usual suspects at least) beer garden, but where?

20180605_131412.thumb.jpg.42ffba684a5b37adbb5c90a0b85a4ed4.jpg

8 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

Reedcutter :default_beerchug:

Of course it is sir, far too easy for a man of your knowledge :default_biggrin:

8 minutes ago, Delilah said:

We're in Huddersfield,  JF. Recovering after the op that I had last Wednesday.  Cantley, Reedcutter? Xx

Sure is Mrs Nog, beaten by the better half though I am afraid :default_biggrin:

Sorry to hear you are in Huddersfield Mrs Nog. And it gets even worse you have had an operation. I hope it was nothing serious, and you recover well.

Need an attentive male to nurse you for anything? :default_smiley-angelic002:

6 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

Enjoy JF - look forward to reports of your travels! Have s good one :default_beerchug:

Thank you Mr Nog. I'll see how it goes :1310_thumbsup_tone1:

5 minutes ago, Jayfire said:

Of course it is sir, far too easy for a man of your knowledge :default_biggrin:

Sure is Mrs Nog, beaten by the better half though I am afraid :default_biggrin:

Sorry to hear you are in Huddersfield Mrs Nog. And it gets even worse you have had an operation. I hope it was nothing serious, and you recover well.

Need an attentive male to nurse you for anything? 

Not major surgery,  JF.  I had a 'young person's' cataract removed and now have 20/20 vision in my left eye. Back at work tomorrow, but thought that we would make a day of it. Hoppy beers a go-go, for Mr N......but if you feel like offering your assistance to a poor distressed female, for God's sake keep it to yourself.  If Grace finds out, we're both dead......xx

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Delilah said:

Not major surgery,  JF.  I had a 'young person's' cataract removed and now have 20/20 vision in my left eye. Back at work tomorrow, but thought that we would make a day of it. Hoppy beers a go-go, for Mr N

Glad you are ok Mrs Nog, hope you both enjoy your day

2 hours ago, Delilah said:

but if you feel like offering your assistance to a poor distressed female, for God's sake keep it to yourself.  If Grace finds out, we're both dead......xx

I would love to be offering my assistance to my gorgeous Grace rather than any poor distressed female (or male :default_blush:)