A Spring Tale

29 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

Good to see you back JF :default_beerchug:

I reckon that's the Kings Head,  Hoveton 

Thanks Mr Nog

Surprise surprise, you are absolutely correct.

I have another one before I declare where I have been. This one is simples...

20180411_144441.thumb.jpg.123b47d0bf318b251c3220ca16072564.jpg

4 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

Mmmmm, looks like the Recruiting Sergeant 

If it is, you do get around!!!! :default_beerchug:

Blooming hell I knew it was easy but that was super quick.

Well done sir :default_biggrin:

13 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

Mmmmm, looks like the Recruiting Sergeant 

If it is, you do get around!!!! :default_beerchug:

Oh fudge Howard you beat me to it, I knew that one :default_norty:

Jay my darling that was fun, thanks for taking me to the Kings Head and Recruiting Sergeant, where we going tonight then?

Grace :default_icon_kiss:

• Haha 2

Just now, NorfolkNog said:

:default_biggrin:

Good pub for fine wine and dining

I can think of a certain young lady who would love it :default_icon_kiss:

2 minutes ago, Gracie said:

Oh fudge Howard you beat me to it, I knew that one :default_norty:

Jay my darling that was fun, thanks for taking me to the Kings Head and Recruiting Sergeant, where we going tonight then?

Grace :default_icon_kiss:

I think Mr Nog is telling me we should be off to the Recruiting Sergeant babe.

Unless you aren't that hungry and would prefer to stay on-board :default_norty:

Wednesday 11th April

A grey misty day began in Brundall

20180411_101949.thumb.jpg.0e86e2c0d45a786848c84c7a4b36b1aa.jpg20180411_101958.thumb.jpg.2dff38d80539db07ca69c7f439a248cd.jpg20180411_102010.thumb.jpg.f58c2cb1109060209bc4f1a76c977d20.jpg

and fairly early on today I had decided that as mentioned earlier in the week I had the idea of exploring the area via car and using the boat as a base these last couple of days.

It was therefore a question of where to go today. In the end I decided to head up to Coltishall and see how the day panned out.

Once unpacked (a single solitary bag after returning from work) I settled down for coffee and a chat to my gorgeous one, before finally deciding to head out in the car.

Along the way to Coltishall I did think about dropping in to a pub or two that were off the waterside track to really test my knowledgeable pub crew but thought it may have been a little unfair in reality.

I passed Salhouse and wound my way through Wroxham and over the bridge before getting tempted to have a pit stop near the bridge.

So I did.

Paying the £3 parking charge in the Kings Head car park for 2 hours parking (redeemable at the bar :default_norty:)I left the dog waiting for me in the garden before heading inside to take a pub pic. Oh and a lager shandy whilst I was at it.

20180411_125956.thumb.jpg.e82a75feb5af616b2b2c0afb689d9876.jpg

Sat in the garden watching the few boats that were around being taken through the bridge by the pilot I was enjoying just being by the waterside again.

20180411_130126.thumb.jpg.ae64539953fcc1de3a72e2f15db6ec06.jpg20180411_130138.thumb.jpg.ee21316c491c27b60ea70abb57d399ae.jpg

Finishing up I thought the dog really wanted a walk so we headed into Coltishall, parking up on Mill Road

20180411_141619.thumb.jpg.eea39e33e75de74ebcb145fbeb9c462d.jpg

and headed along the footpaths around Horstead Mill and the river

20180411_141754.thumb.jpg.e610e846059c31f2c8466297050a9e25.jpg

If you haven't been it's beautiful so here is a little info...

20180411_142019.thumb.jpg.a89ab972675ef631032f3f7849821cb0.jpg20180411_142117.thumb.jpg.b2d97aff5d6cdddd7616d6f9f11d006d.jpg20180411_142249.thumb.jpg.5efdfa732552839d0497f73caa249c26.jpg20180411_142354.thumb.jpg.248380a8919c08aedb8f0657152c841a.jpg20180411_142401.thumb.jpg.89c9ad430ea0c4d77e24cb650c894e74.jpg20180411_142801.thumb.jpg.a07e9ac8f84316ab1f45507217df8a3b.jpg20180411_143317.thumb.jpg.27ad17a18ae3bd2abbad0207b6e581a8.jpg

before ending up at The Recruiting Sergeant for another photo, oh and a  light refreshment.

20180411_144441.thumb.jpg.123b47d0bf318b251c3220ca16072564.jpg

After the dog tired of watching the birds searching for worms we returned to the car to head back to the boat for an early evening of wine and relaxation.

Great photos again JF, many thanks for sharing. :default_beerchug: Glad you enjoyed your tour!

I was particularly interested in the Horstead Mill, I've never been round there, must go and have a look next time I get chance. It was a beautiful building, there are some pictures and more info on Carol's website.

http://www.broadlandmemories.co.uk/blog/2012/05/horstead-the-aylsham-navigation/ 

http://www.broadlandmemories.co.uk/1960sgallery1.html

(need to scroll down for this one)

• Like 2

Thank you Mr Nog.

And thank you for the links too.

It is lovely up there, go on treat yourself.

I'd take Grace there from the Recruiting Sergeant but she's a bit tied up at the moment :default_biggrin:

Hi folks, 

I hope everyone had a lovely Easter, especially you JF and you Grace:default_icon_kiss:

I've been reading your holiday tale too and have really enjoyed watching how your days have panned out (In fact Mr N and I got our heads together for the pic of the Kings Head in Hoveton - did he ever tell you about the time we stopped there for food?) 

Many thanks for giving Mr N his Broads fix, JF 

Linda x

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Delilah said:

Hi folks, 

I hope everyone had a lovely Easter, especially you JF and you Grace:default_icon_kiss:

Thank you very much Mrs Nog

I've been reading your holiday tale too and have really enjoyed watching how your days have panned out

I'm glad you have enjoyed my ramblings, thank you.

(In fact Mr N and I got our heads together for the pic of the Kings Head in Hoveton - did he ever tell you about the time we stopped there for food?) 

Firstly, he didn't say he had help getting it correct :default_eusa_naughty: :default_biggrin:

Secondly, no I do not believe I can recall that one. Do tell :default_biggrin:

Linda x

No problem Mrs Nog. I hope you both enjoy just as much as I enjoy your adventures too.

Thank you

You are very welcome, JF :default_biggrin: 

However,  with regard to eating at the KH in Hoveton, I may very well have to leave that tale to Mr N as he is far more polite than I in matters such as quality of food and length of time waiting to be served etc....

He tends to rein me in slightly :default_badday:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Delilah said:

Hi folks, 

I've been reading your holiday tale too and have really enjoyed watching how your days have panned out (In fact Mr N and I got our heads together for the pic of the Kings Head in Hoveton - did he ever tell you about the time we stopped there for food?) 

Linda x

Yay Mrs Nog is back..... thank you Linda, we hope you had a good Easter too :default_icon_kiss: You will have to tell us about the food stop now you know

Grace

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Delilah said:

You are very welcome, JF :default_biggrin: 

However,  with regard to eating at the KH in Hoveton, I may very well have to leave that tale to Mr N as he is far more polite than I in matters such as quality of food and length of time waiting to be served etc....

He tends to rein me in slightly :default_badday:

Come on then Mr Nog

Spill the beans sir...:default_biggrin:

7 minutes ago, Gracie said:

Yay Mrs Nog is back..... thank you Linda, we hope you had a good Easter too :default_icon_kiss: You will have to tell us about the food stop now you know

Grace

We? You even answer for me now? :default_hiding:

3 minutes ago, psychicsurveyor said:

Really enjoying your ramblings,  sorry,  tales.

I am glad we aren't onboard until after your return,  Matron has a "thing" for firemen,  it would be very unbecoming if she was constantly looking out the window waiting for you to pass. :default_icon_wave:

I think you was correct first time with ramblings psychic :default_biggrin:

Sorry I am assuming Matron is your Mrs (sorry if I have got that completely wrong) but I am sure I could put her off the whole Fireman thing with my ugly mug :default_biggrin:

Thanks though, I'm glad you enjoyed my tales, sorry ramblings :default_smiley-angelic002:

2 minutes ago, Jayfire said:

Come on then Mr Nog

Spill the beans sir...:default_biggrin:

We? You even answer for me now? :default_hiding:

I think you was correct first time with ramblings psychic :default_biggrin:

Sorry I am assuming Matron is your Mrs (sorry if I have got that completely wrong) but I am sure I could put her off the whole Fireman thing with my ugly mug :default_biggrin:

Thanks though, I'm glad you enjoyed my tales, sorry ramblings :default_smiley-angelic002:

Yes Matron is Mrs Psychic,  don't worry about the mug,  I think it's a uniform thing. :default_biggrin:

Hiya Grace :default_biggrin:  Hope you're well?

Let's just say we never went back there again for anything to eat. AND that wasn't in high season either, so it's not as though they had any excuse for the quality of the food or the length of time we were waiting or their complete lack of interest.

Hence, my choice never to eat out whilst we're on the Broads. I know it's not to everyone's taste to cook in a tiny kitchen, but at least I know what we're eating, how long it'll take to cook and Mr N would never DARE to complain to the kitchen staff :default_icon_evil:

Anyway, enough said about that

Linda x

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Delilah said:

Hiya Grace :default_biggrin:  Hope you're well?

Let's just say we never went back there again for anything to eat. AND that wasn't in high season either, so it's not as though they had any excuse for the quality of the food or the length of time we were waiting or their complete lack of interest.

Hence, my choice never to eat out whilst we're on the Broads. I know it's not to everyone's taste to cook in a tiny kitchen, but at least I know what we're eating, how long it'll take to cook and Mr N would never DARE to complain to the kitchen staff :default_icon_evil:

Anyway, enough said about that

Linda x

Just searching for the under the thumb emoji Mr Nog :default_rofl: