Forum Behaviour

Maxwellian

6 minutes ago, Labrador said:

As my beautiful avatar went to rainbow bridge yesterday,

You and I remember our previous labradors, which used to live together on the boatyard at Womack. I am very sorry old friend, and I feel for you in your loss.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Labrador said:

As my beautiful avatar went to rainbow bridge yesterday, I no longer wish to be a member on here any longer.

This forum is now the pits. Moderators please remove me and all my posts.

It used to be a friend y forum but no longer.

Goodbye for good.

Hello Labrador, you are entitled to your opinions.

Sorry to hear of your loss.

I can lock your account but it is not our policy to remove your posts.

Please confirm that you wish your account to be locked.

Regards

Alan

I don't see this as an unfriendly forum.

Some topics get lively,  some get heated,  this is because posters have passion.  Without passion this place would become bland.

I do feel people need to be a little less sensitive,  if you don't like the way a discussion is going,  don't post further,  soon the lone voice will be talking to themselves.

Keep repeating the same argument,  on both sides will add nothing to the sum total of understanding.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

I think by and large it is a friendly place.Yes it does get heated sometimes and some comments get a bit near the mark.I have said before the purpose of a forum is to have different views. There are times I will disagree with members then agree on other topics.Its a shame anyone feels they need to leave.Its been said before why not take time out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Time out is I think the way to go. Same old posters, same old topics, but recently with a school play ground edge.

If this forum was a football team it would be Leeds United, once great, now not. 

I will look in in a few months time, see if any interesting grown ups are contributing. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, JohnK said:

I don’t think some of you are seeing the whole picture.
Some people have left without seeing the need to leave.
Some people have said things and had them unsaid for them

John, please don't take this personally but I have read that several times and I am afraid I don't understand it.

• Like 2

John, please don't take this personally but I have read that several times and I am afraid I don't understand it.

Sorry to be cryptic but I’m trying to not get my post removed or be banned.
I don’t think I understand what rules are being applied right now.
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, JohnK said:

Sorry to be cryptic but I’m trying to not get my post removed or be banned.
I don’t think I understand what rules are being applied right now.

Ah. Now I understand your meaning.

That doesn't mean that I know what, if anything, is going on behind the scenes!

• Like 1

Hold on here.

In a group of friends people can fall out with each other but they usually stay with the group and the group recovers.

I do not understand Labradors post.

I can only think his loss has made him feel vulnerable but if he really means that post then he should be let go.

I hope he thinks again and continues his contributions to the forum.

If a thread offends me I ignore it, if it bores me I ignore it.

paul

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I've not been following the forum for the last couple of days..

Just a quick message to Labrador to say I'm so sorry to hear of your lost too.. pets are family.. period. My thoughts are with you. Please do give me a wave if we see you on the river. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There seems to be something wrong with this thread. On the "last 24 hours" list the last post is from Batrabill but it does not appear here. This is by no means the first time in the last couple of days.

Is there something we don't know about?

• Like 1

some posts have been hidden, questions have been asked regarding the moderation status of others, the moderators cannot answer these questions as we cannot comment on whether a member is on moderation or not, and thus all that would arise is speculation over the matter, which could embarrass the member if they were not on moderation and just taking a break from posting here, or if they were on moderation and did not want it generally known.

Thus to protect the innocent and the guilty we had to hide some posts to preserve the members dignity.

(it could be seen to be against the TOS as a defamatory remark about the member inferring that they were on moderation)

We would also like to ask nicely that people do not post asking whether members are on moderation, for the reason outlined above, as the moderators are unable to respond to the question, and our only recourse is to hide the post asking the question.

If a member wishes to come clean to being on moderation - that is their right. 

Thank you 

• Thanks 2

purely from a general viewpoint and on a theoretical level, the first stage of moderation is usually post approval, posts would have to be approved by moderators before they are made visible, thus a member is allowed to post , but if there is any unsuitable content they may be asked to reconsider that before the post is approved, let us say it means you have to behave nicely for the duration of the moderation.

Further levels of moderation exist, up to and including a permanent ban, these would generally only be applied after several warnings had been ignored, or for serious breaches of the TOS.

As mentioned above the moderators cannot comment on individual cases.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, grendel said:

If a member wishes to come clean to being on moderation - that is their right.

2 hours ago, JohnK said:

How would they do that?

By posting the revelation on a site where their posting privileges have not been restricted, as has recently been done by the member whose situation has given rise to this part of the discussion.

I would not necessarily advocate that course of action, though, as it could give rise to one forum/FB group being discussed on another, which is rarely a satisfactory way of proceeding. But I hope it answers your question, JohnK.

• Like 1

A forum is a living entity you know. It has feelings. I am sure that sometimes it feels hurt, bewildered and confused?

One, just one positive comment would be good and would certainly restore my faith in what has undoubtedly been a choppy old couple of weeks.

Andrew

• Like 2

By posting the revelation on a site where their posting privileges have not been restricted, as has recently been done by the member whose situation has given rise to this part of the discussion.

I would not necessarily advocate that course of action, though, as it could give rise to one forum/FB group being discussed on another, which is rarely a satisfactory way of proceeding. But I hope it answers your question, JohnK.

Based on grendel’s post I was assuming there was a way they could do it on here.

That would be the ideal wouldn’t it?

Or are we just black balling people and never allowed to mention their name again?

Does every post get removed with any mention of anyone not here (banned or otherwise)?

If you name someone banned do you get banned too?