Freedom Boating Holidays May Deals

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Toptravller

We have a summer tour plan (June 15 from Jun 30) and we selected the “Tranquil Freedom Cruisers, Horning boatâ€.

In our last tour we chose the “Song of Freedom Cruisers, Horningâ€. It was really great and also wanted to visit on it but now we are six people and it has only five people capacity so, we decided that “Tranquil Freedom†option is the best.

Best Regards,

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Might see you, I'm on Real Freedom from Easter Saturday til the following Wednesday. My first time with Freedom after holidaying with many other yards and looking forward to it. It was their flexibility over hiring days that was the clincher - Le Boat are the only other operator I know of that let you have 4 nights including a weekend.

I haven't planned a provisional routing yet or even checked the tides.

Out for nine days Saturday 1st - Monday 9th so I will keep an eye out for you on our way back to Horning.

Thinking of booking the New Inn for the last night (Easter Sunday),

nice and easy potter down to the yard from there the final morning,

and far easier than walking anywhere from the yard if we went in that night.

I will keep an eye open for Real Freedom 1 / 2 but it will really depend on where we both go on Easter Saturday..

Fair Freedom isn't easy to miss.

Look for a 44ft all white bathtub with a flagstaff flying the forum flag mounted in the TV ariel mount on the coachroof.

Not wishing to be stupid but I think the Sat is the 31st March-at least that's the day I am going!

Staying down south though.

Down South is the best place to stay if i am out with the big white whale...

And of course Sunday the 1st is also the first day of Summer as the clocks go forward!

Looking forward to seeing a whole load of happy boaters this year; both loyal customers and new.

Don't forget we also offer pump-outs, water and overnight moorings to hire boats from other yards too, so even if you're not boating with Freedom this year, please pop in and introduce yourselves.

Guest DAYTONA-BILL
Not wishing to be stupid but I think the Sat is the 31st March-at least that's the day I am going!

Staying down south though.

Hi Matt, Karen and i stayed south last June, and we thouroughly enjoyed it. Much less traffic on the rivers, and never a problem finding a mooring. We enjoyed it so much, we are staying south again this year, in early May, so will be looking to moor at Geldson lock and Langley dyke for the night. Also thinking of Thorpe river green if we can get under the bridges. Are you going from a southern yard, if so which one, and which boat?.

Out of Brooms! We have a two week share in Thunder which is moored at Brooms and a two week share on Evening Shadow which is based at Barnes in Wroxham. We generally do two weeks down south and two weeks up north and never cross Breydon. It's ideal really.

I think I prefer the North as with two young children you do less cruising between places which suits us better. Having said that I think the south has better pubs and Reedham is my favourite overnight mooring. We also spend a fair bit of time at Oulton Broad as there is loads to do and if the weather suits we pop to Lowestoft on the train and spend some time on the beach although I don't think we will be doing that at Easter but we will back down south on Thunder in August with Jubilee week on Evening Shadow in between. It's tough!

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Karen and i were invited aboard one of the shadows at Rockland staithe last June. I`ve often considered buying a syndicate share, but am put off by having to have your weeks as a result of a draw. I know you can swap around, but if you`re lumbered with a week when the winter weather puts a complete stop on everything, you`ve lost your share. That said, i do think the boats are in imaculate condition, and are well worth the annual costs incurred. I can`t remember which shadow it was, though i think it was the one based at Brundall, and the lady was an American.

I guess that's Moonlight Shadow (other shadows are available!). Swapping does regularly take place at the AGM after the draw but obviously don't think you will be swapping your feb week for August....

I have only known the boats to be frozen in once-last year when the decision was take winterise the boat during the worst of it.

To be honest a number of owners don't actually use their winter week and accept for their money they will only use if three weeks of the year which is still fantastic value compared to hiring for three weeks. Other owners use the boat as a floating cottage during winter.

I do know of an owner on Evening Shadow that is about to sell his 4 week share-PM me if you want the contact details.

Guest DAYTONA-BILL
I guess that's Moonlight Shadow (other shadows are available!). Swapping does regularly take place at the AGM after the draw but obviously don't think you will be swapping your feb week for August....

I have only known the boats to be frozen in once-last year when the decision was take winterise the boat during the worst of it.

To be honest a number of owners don't actually use their winter week and accept for their money they will only use if three weeks of the year which is still fantastic value compared to hiring for three weeks. Other owners use the boat as a floating cottage during winter.

I do know of an owner on Evening Shadow that is about to sell his 4 week share-PM me if you want the contact details.

Many thanks Matt, but if i did buy a share, it would be a 2 week share, as Karen and i like to have 2-3 holidays a year, and don`t really want to be restricted to the Broads for 4 weeks. However, if i was retired, it would be great to have 4 weeks on the Broads. The only problem is i won`t be retiring for another 13 years (unless some Government extends our working life even further two gunstwo gunstwo guns ). Many thanks for the heads up though cheerscheers .