I have only been in the shop once to buy some simple stickers, but I have now discovered the wonders of their website which has been very easy to use and has a wealth of items.  I've just bought a new mixertap with shower attachment for Trixie, and since I was a member of the Forum one can use the discount code NBN and saved the same 10% as in store.  I opted for express delivery and today I got an email informing me it has been dispatched and will be with me tomorrow.  If I had opted not to go express, orders over £50.00 have free delivery too.

I know I often share items I have bought, or share links to things one can buy on Amazon. Yes, often Amazon or their third party 'Market Place' sellers can undercut or offer products that are not so easy to find, but when you need specific marine gear, backed up with a great service and a competitive price - Brian Wards is the place to go.

I will be using their service a lot more in the future and so thought it right to draw others attention to them whether you visit the shop in person in Brundall or use their website they have been very good people to deal with.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

We have an account with Ward's, we buy just about everything from them. We order online and they deliver to the boatyard. If you are doing a restoration project like we are, it is well worth having an account. 

Highly recommended, and great people to deal with. ( of course, other chandlers are available). 

• Like 2

Have to add my vote of confidence as well, bought some life jackets online and they messaged me to check the details and delivered them the same afternoon!

Coincidentally I have discovered this morning that I need a new shower mixer tap too!

If I am down at the boat, then you will always find me at Brian Wards, if they do not stock it they will point you in the right direction. Tanya & Nick are more than happy to let their customers try parts for their compatibility, we did this with the led incerts we purchased off them a few years ago , we opted with the 2.1 watt incerts in the end.

As mentioned remember the NBN discount.

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

You could be right there in the last two weeks we have been over the crossing about 20 times and at least  15 times it was closed. Yes wards good chandlers got some bits from them last week...excellent and nothing too much trouble.

• Like 1

Sometimes when I go in the car up to Brian Wards, by the time I get back Tan is all for sending out a search party,.

Usually I have to wait at the level crossing on the way there and also on the way back, of course it has nothing to do with the chatting whilst in Wards:default_norty:

Regards

Alan

• Haha 2

About 30 minutes from home and more sensibly priced than some. The only drawback is that after all that traveling we are inevitably forced to go next door for some sustenance. ?

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

Love the place, Malanka has many parts from said establishment. I even bought one of them myself....LOL  Don't get excited it was an oil filler cap a few summers ago, as some idiot (that would be me) left the one we had on the top of the rocker cover box and set off. Later said item was nowhere to be seen and the faint aroma of hot engine oil was quite obvious. The drip tray which at that juncture was fairly full had captured it and what goes into that tray stays in that tray until it's emptied next, no way, not goin down dere, nuttin doin boss. No way I was going to search gooey sticky black old engine oil to find a filler cap. So a quick fix with some tin foil and string and off to BW we went. Come to think of it the foil and string option worked very well.

Unfortunately me and chandleries are like kiddies and sweety shops, who here cannot say the same...?It's as if I feel obligated to buy something, some new shiny thing I don't really need, but I know would look cool or better yet SOUND cool. Current objects of lustful thoughts are air horns or just horns that sound less like a strangled chipmunk than the current Malanka iteration. 

Thoughts on air horns / horns please ?? Two tone of course... 

I am afraid I am currently losing the battle to bring along two vuvuzela (not sure if that is the plural noun so I will leave it) for the England charge to the World Cup final (yes I am an optimist)

The reason being Monty the young Airedale horse is absolutely petrified of the sound they make.. Oh well...

One more sleep....

M

• 1 year later...

Another vote for Brian Wards here.

Always helpful and, indeed, gave me some tech advice on my Victron Centaur charger and I don't know where that was bought, it was on Cockatoo when I got her.

You need to be careful with Amazon and Ebay though, we tend to assume they will be cheaper and they aren't always. Can you imagine an Ebay dealer advising about a product that may have been bought from a competitor?

1 hour ago, Cockatoo said:

Another vote for Brian Wards here. . . . . . . 

I bl00dy hate the place!!!  Its just too hard to walk past without the urge to buy something!!!!😁

In truth, though, they are very helpful and have a good stock.   Just wish I didn't have to go past to get to our boat.👍

• Haha 2

I need to buy something for the Denham Owl but after reading this lot I'm too scared to go in the place; goodness only knows what I might come out with! I'm all for nipping next door for the sustenance though.:default_eusa_dance:

I've often thought about putting my name on the waiting list for the job of operating the level crossing. They give you your own little hut, some of the brightest trousers known to man and all you have to do is open the gate whenever the fancy takes you. I think I would enjoy the feeling of authority.:default_coat:

21 minutes ago, floydraser said:

I need to buy something for the Denham Owl but after reading this lot I'm too scared to go in the place; goodness only knows what I might come out with! I'm all for nipping next door for the sustenance though.:default_eusa_dance:

I've often thought about putting my name on the waiting list for the job of operating the level crossing. They give you your own little hut, some of the brightest trousers known to man and all you have to do is open the gate whenever the fancy takes you. I think I would enjoy the feeling of authority.:default_coat:

Sadly the 3 or 4 guys operating the level crossing on rotation will also be looking for jobs in the near future when it becomes an automatic crossing.

Regards

Alan