Must Have

Betty1

Ive not read through the entire thread so sorry if its been suggested already but for me a basic means of wind indication such as a burgee is vital and helps no end when manoeuvring.  

If you know what the winds doing you can use it to your advantage.

• Thanks 2

Hello Lionel and a belated welcome to the forum from me!

Others have said get used to the boat first and have fun for the season, and I agree!

Judging from the photos, your boat has a centre engine, as there are no moulded vents on the aft cabin sides, but there is an engine hatch in the centre of the cabin top. If you now have a rear engine, then this was fitted later. Either way, no problem! You have one of the early versions  of the Solar 37, which I can tell by the curved corners to the cabin windows. These are better than the later sharp cornered ones, and are easy to remove if you want to renew the mastic sealant.

You will have a job to fit a bow thruster owing to the shape of the bow underwater and in fact, I have never seen one so fitted. Again, no problem! You have one of the easiest designs of boat to handle, of any on the Broads. Built for the job, with a long deep keel and a hard chine, they are a pleasure to drive. With a bit of practice, you can bring that boat into an alongside mooring, sideways!

Susie and I look forward to meeting you on Salhouse Broad in May!

17 minutes ago, Gracie said:

Bottle opener :default_smiley-angelic002:

A very warm welcome to the forum from me Lionel :default_icon_wave:

Grace

Rumour has it that our Gracie can charm a cork out of a wine bottle with just a glare 

so you know where to go should you forget one:default_biggrin:

finny 

• Haha 1