Boat Recovery Options

JohnK

What do people do to prepare for breakdowns / running out of fuel / running into a super yacht at speed etc?

I’m assuming hirers do nothing as they’d phone the yard their boat is from.

For owners / share holders what would you do?

Already have some kind of policy?

Call the nearest yard?

Phone a friend?

Running out of fuel.... id have to drown myself in the shame of it! 

Boulters do a service but if you keep some spares and tools onboard and are handy enough with a spanner most things can be dealt with unless you are very unlucky, regular preventative maintenance will help but a breakdown service does give piece of mind 

• Like 3

Boulters do. Helped me out last year. Well happy with their service. 

Spares always a good idea even if you can't fit them yourself. However a boat lift to fix my problem was beyond the mobile engineers skills, but he made sure I got back to my mooring ok. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, dnks34 said:

Running out of fuel.... id have to drown myself in the shame of it! 

Boulters do a service but if you keep some spares and tools onboard and are handy enough with a spanner most things can be dealt with unless you are very unlucky, regular preventative maintenance will help but a breakdown service does give piece of mind 

Hee hee the opening sentence sent Shriver's down my spine having done that and worse ie a certain estuary :15_yum:.

Me I look after myself re breakdown's n maintenance and others of cause I'll not see you stuck if I can help n that includes towing etc + I carry a lot of tools n spares n a good decree of knowledge too :default_biggrin:

22 minutes ago, ranworthbreeze said:

When I enquired last year I am sure they cover the Southern Rivers.

Regards

Alan

Boulters certainly cover the southern rivers, I am sure Sutton Staithe do too. Remember they don’t have to travel everywhere by boat...........

2 hours ago, JennyMorgan said:

Richardsons Marine Services at Stalham. I hear very good reports.

We stopped the service this month as after we returned Moonfleet to the landlord we did not have the cover to provide an ongoing service, we still have tow boats at Acle Wroxham and Horning and will be happy to help as and when there is an issue if we can. 

We also are able to lift boats unto 15ft beam and 30 tonnes at Horning if you get  your props fowled.. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1