Where can you Fish on the Broads ?

Brian

Over the years i have found that many of the Broads are not accessible by road and are private. :(

But Some Broads which can be fished are :-

Alderfen

15 acres of boat fishing only

Barton Broads

100 acres of fishing by boat

Beeston Hall

(Lower Lake) 5 acres to fish

Decoy Broads

Norwich AA Hickling Broads & Heigham Sound

400 acres of fishing accessible by boat

Horsey Mere

Must be accessed from Meadow Dyke. No boats for hire locally. :( Bank fishing limited to Horsey Village Staithe (buy tickets at Staithe Store).

Little Bridge Broads ( keep it quiet its my local fishing ground )

A small broad good at dawn and dusk. ;)

Ormesby Broad

Rollesby, Lily, Great Ormsby and Filby

Broads

800 acres of angling waters, not connected to the rest of the navigation. Best fished by boat.

Rockland Broad

Mostly boat fishing.

River Ant

At Ludham Bridge there is free fishing for 2.25 miles on the left hand bank both up and downstream of the Bridge.

River Bure

One of the major rivers of the Broads system, with certain stretches being very difficult to fish. Try Coltishall Common , Wroxham, Woodbastwick, Acle Bridge. Boats available in several places, boat hire available per day to non-members.

River Chet

Fishing is available from Loddon to Hardley Cross.

River Stiffkey

Delightful small Norfolk river with some Brown trout. Access is via local farms with permission.

River Thurne

Short tidal river connecting several water courses. Important fishing. Good stretches of free Broadland fishing at Martham Ferry, Martham Boatyard and Potter Heigham.

River Wensum

One of Norfolk's loveliest rivers although mainly privately controlled. Free fishing at Fakenham Common. Local tackle shops. For other access around the Broadland riversides contact local tackle shops.

River Yare

Under-rated river, try Whitlingham, Surlingham Ferries, Buckenham, Cringleford Bridge. Permits for other areas from tackle shops in Norwich.

Wroxham Broads

105 acres of good fishing. You can Launch from The Public Slip, Many fish from the Bank but is very shallow

• 3 years later...

Riverroamer you can't actually fish Rockland Broad from the bank well not without great difficulty, you can fish Rockland Dyke Opposite the PH (really a wintertime venue) and you can also fish Short Dyke where you can actually cast into the broad, the only problem with this is it necessitates a long walk although the path is good and the fishing can be terrific although it is narrow and the boat traffic hampers you a bit during the day. Hopes this helps any further information required let me know.

http://norfolkchat.freeforums.org/index ... 9e365c7362

I don't think there is any legal bank access to Surlingham Broad RiverRoamer.

Angling is quite limited on the Norfolk Broads and Rivers especially if you want your car nearby; I found the only remedy other than buy a boat is to lighten up your tackle I.E take out all that junk that you never use and are unlikely to use ( we have all got it) and walk. This is what I have do from time to time and not only has it taken me to some very interesting places that have rarely been fished, I have caught some lovely fish and been completely undisturbed.

AS they say fishing is the greatest excuse for lazing about in the country.

http://norfolkchat.freeforums.org/index ... 9e365c7362

I know that Wroxham Angling Club controls alot of the Yare around Postwick but is there any free bank space in this area to fish from, or Brundall for that matter ?

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
Over the years i have found that many of the Broads are not accessible by road and are private. :(

But Some Broads which can be fished are :-

Alderfen

15 acres of boat fishing only

Barton Broads

100 acres of fishing by boat

Beeston Hall

(Lower Lake) 5 acres to fish

Decoy Broads

Norwich AA Hickling Broads & Heigham Sound

400 acres of fishing accessible by boat

Horsey Mere

Must be accessed from Meadow Dyke. No boats for hire locally. :( Bank fishing limited to Horsey Village Staithe (buy tickets at Staithe Store).

Little Bridge Broads ( keep it quiet its my local fishing ground )

A small broad good at dawn and dusk. ;)

Ormesby Broad

Rollesby, Lily, Great Ormsby and Filby

Broads

800 acres of angling waters, not connected to the rest of the navigation. Best fished by boat.

Rockland Broad

Mostly boat fishing.

River Ant

At Ludham Bridge there is free fishing for 2.25 miles on the left hand bank both up and downstream of the Bridge.

River Bure

One of the major rivers of the Broads system, with certain stretches being very difficult to fish. Try Coltishall Common , Wroxham, Woodbastwick, Acle Bridge. Boats available in several places, boat hire available per day to non-members.

River Chet

Fishing is available from Loddon to Hardley Cross.

River Stiffkey

Delightful small Norfolk river with some Brown trout. Access is via local farms with permission.

River Thurne

Short tidal river connecting several water courses. Important fishing. Good stretches of free Broadland fishing at Martham Ferry, Martham Boatyard and Potter Heigham.

River Wensum

One of Norfolk's loveliest rivers although mainly privately controlled. Free fishing at Fakenham Common. Local tackle shops. For other access around the Broadland riversides contact local tackle shops.

River Yare

Under-rated river, try Whitlingham, Surlingham Ferries, Buckenham, Cringleford Bridge. Permits for other areas from tackle shops in Norwich.

Wroxham Broads

105 acres of good fishing. You can Launch from The Public Slip, Many fish from the Bank but is very shallow

As the 2012 fishing season is just starting i thought people would like some info that Brian supplied.