The weight is usually stamped on them somewhere Wayne, I guess not in this instance or you wouldn’t be asking. If they are well fitted I see no reason they shouldn’t carry a 2.7m inflatable complete with a 4hp or so outboard at least.

In calm conditions probably yes with a couple on board, but the real reason for carrying it is to keep you afloat until somebody gets you, not long at all in the case of coastal stuff especially in company. If you have power to get to shore it's more of a bonus than anything. More useful would be a decent small sea anchor or drogue and a good pair of oars. 4hp is certainly plenty for normal use on a 2.7 even against quite a strong tide.

• 3 weeks later...

This is probably the next stupid question..but I am not afarid to ask :grin:

I need to hang my dingy from the Davits. The lift is provided by strapping and I need to attach something to the eyes on the dinghy and also use something on the fixed rings on the davits.

I have seen lots of combinations used , rope, wire rope, chain. What works best and is the most user firendly?

Wayne

p.s - Yes I know - what ever stops it falling off :lol:

..and I thought you were going to hang an anvil off each one and see if the princess will fully plane!!! :P

"....The lift is provided by strapping and I need to attach something to the eyes on the dinghy and also use something on the fixed rings on the davits.,..."

In the past I have bought stainless steel rings from the chandelry and either re-repoed my tender and spliced them into place or used the clip on type.. I'll have a peep and see if I can find any pics from the last time I did this. :Stinky