Jump to content
  • Announcements

    Welcome! New around here? Take a look at the New Members' Guide for some pointers.

    Not a member yet? Sign up here and you can soon be chatting away with friends old and new..

    Check out our Handy Information section if you're after something quickly!

  • If you would like to support the forum, please consider visiting the forum shop, where you can purchase such items as NBN Burgees, Window Stickers, or even a custom Limited Edition Wooden Throttle Control Knob

    Forum Shop

Simon

1 Week Today

Recommended Posts

Well it's almost time to move our boat to Brundall, have to say I'm really looking forward to it, feel like a kid approaching Christmas.

Friday afternoon sometime when we arrive we will be washing her down and putting the canopy back up ect.

but on the Saturday I'd like to take a trip out of the marina, but where to go for our first trip out / over night stay on the southern broads,

ive been reading threads and looking at pictures for weeks, thanks to Jayfire I now know of one or two pubs :default_biggrin: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Simon,

If you only want to go a short distance then I would suggest the Ferry House Inn Surlingham (you had better book a mooring and a table) or at Brammerton Green or outside the Waters Edge (book a mooring and a table).

Further afield you could visit Loddon and moor in the staithe, there are four pubs to choose from, alternatively you could moor at the Reedham Ferry (you can book a mooring outside of the pub).

Please let us know how you get on.

Regards

Alan

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Waveney River Centre is a nice place to overnight; you will have to pay for mooring, but there is a pub/restaurant on site. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PastorsDayOff said:

Waveney River Centre is a nice place to overnight; you will have to pay for mooring, but there is a pub/restaurant on site. 

There is also the swimming pool, if you fancy a dip.

Regards

Alan

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Langley Dyke is a lovely quiet mooring. No pub there but it depends what you're looking for and how far you want to go. We have used it as a first night stay from Brundall.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loddon or Reedham are appealing to me as I like the small villages, good to have a wander around.

Think it will take me about 3hours from Brundall to Loddon so I should be there around lunchtime, not sure how much mooring space is available but if no space then I can always try my luck at Reedham.

I even hear we might actually see some sunshine that weekend

Just need to watch these pub meals, to many chips just doesn't agree with my waistline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Simon said:

Just need to watch these pub meals, to many chips just doesn't agree with my waistline.

Moor at Chedgrave Common or Pye’s Mill then you can walk into Loddon and back. That way you won’t feel guilty about those chips! Much quieter moorings too.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The New Inn at Rockland would be my choice. A reasonable but briefish cruise and a cracking pub with peaceful moorings!

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Simon said:

Well it's almost time to move our boat to Brundall, have to say I'm really looking forward to it, feel like a kid approaching Christmas.

Friday afternoon sometime when we arrive we will be washing her down and putting the canopy back up ect.

but on the Saturday I'd like to take a trip out of the marina, but where to go for our first trip out / over night stay on the southern broads,

ive been reading threads and looking at pictures for weeks, thanks to Jayfire I now know of one or two pubs :default_biggrin: 

Hi Simon, I have only just seen this. I'm glad my pub tour, sorry blog has come in handy :default_biggrin:

You really can't go wrong with many, if any infact, moorings on the south and many good suggestions have already been mentioned.

Loddon is one of my personal picks of the best if you want a village mooring, I doubt you will have any problem getting a mooring either in the Staithe or as suggested the moorings before you reach the Staithe this weekend.

Hope you enjoy wherever you end up

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well tomorrow's the big moving day, really chuffed about the weather being so good. Our new adventure on the broads begins.

ive spent a few days this week carrying out a few jobs, anti fouling, polishing the hull  and servicing the outdrives, found a  nice bit of fishing line had damaged an oil seal which resulted in wearing a groove in a drive shaft which thankfully was repairable. 

Looking forward to a pint in the Yare tomorrow night.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good luck for the move tomorrow, hope it all goes well. You’ve certainly picked the right weekend weatherwise, well done! Enjoy wherever you end up on your trip out on Saturday. :default_stinky:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi simon.

We have been moored at brundall for just over 3 weeks, prior to that we were at horning. Best move we could have made. I arrived down here about half an hour ago and am sat up on the bridge just chillng out after the drive, its a beautiful evening!!

Good luck with the move

Cheers

Trev

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, tjg1677 said:

Hi simon.

We have been moored at brundall for just over 3 weeks, prior to that we were at horning. Best move we could have made. I arrived down here about half an hour ago and am sat up on the bridge just chillng out after the drive, its a beautiful evening!!

Good luck with the move

Cheers

Trev

Good to hear your pleased with the move Trev.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just thought i would update this thread as we've had a great first weekend on the broads. Already met loads of friendly people whilst out an about.

Our boat Castaway arrived friday afternoon, brought over by Paul from Chillout Solutions.

20180420_150534.jpg

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Simon,

are you moored in Brooms, if so, whereabouts?. We`re moored on the first riverside mooring downriver from the fuel quay, the boat`s called Lightning, and is a 43ft Brooms built ex hire cruiser. We won`t be about till June 16th, so will look out for you if you`re there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

Hi Simon,

are you moored in Brooms, if so, whereabouts?. We`re moored on the first riverside mooring downriver from the fuel quay, the boat`s called Lightning, and is a 43ft Brooms built ex hire cruiser. We won`t be about till June 16th, so will look out for you if you`re there.

Yes we are moored in Brooms, on the old sales pontoon, last mooring nearest the first riverside property if that makes sense, 

you must be close to us then, I will look out for you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Simon,

i forgot to say that Lightning is a syndicate boat, so she`s out most weeks. We`ll be on it again in June (16th) for a week, then not untill late November. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • NBN Mobile App

    Want to use NBN when you're out and about?

    Get our mobile app for Android and iOS!

    Get it on Google Play

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

For details of our Guidelines, please take a look at the Terms of Use here.