Diy Sos (forum Style)

20 minutes ago, Maxwellian said:

Where am I staying? If BA I will travel on Friday.

I think it will be staying in the wet shed for the weekend Nipper certainly is as there is no point mooring at Potter Heigham and we wouldn’t want to attract the Mooring police by over staying.:default_coat:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well it’s not long to go now, I am planning on being down at the boat around 08-30 on Saturday, if you arrive before me and the shed is open please make sure you sign in the visitor book for fire purposes.  Please don’t wander around the shed without permission as we are there with Ian’s grace and I don’t want to upset the staff.

I will sort people in to areas they feel comfortable with and appropriate skill, the main jobs I would like completed are the cabin sides, hull, fuel tank and Calorifier. If time and man power allow we can move onto the heater and cooker and toilet.

If you are not familiar with Martham Boat Development Company,  Royal Tudor is in the main shed on Cess Road around 1/2 mile before you reach the river.

Any questions please ask and look forward to meeting up with everyone.

Doug.

Edited by brundallNavy
  • Like 5

As we are approaching the 'big event' I should also clarify that:

We have two single 'private' berths on B.A as their separate cabins, then  two single 'shared' berths (in the bow these are V berths) a 'cosy' double and a smaller quarter berth. The seat in the wheelhouse makes for a small single at a push.

Once I am onboard we therefore have space for 5 people to stay over with as I say, at a push a 6th if the wheelhouse is used. Nipper accommodates 2 in a V berth arrangement. Since I am a wide load and will be there first I'll take the cosy double lol. B.A will also be kept in the shed and I think between those attending there will be sufficient space and transport to get from Stalham to Martham.

I will PM those in this conversation my mobile number so as you come I can know you are at the Wet Shed and let you in.  The Wet Shed is in Richardson's Marina. Pass the main reception area, take a left and follow the road around to the right and continue straight past the moorings and hire craft. You will first see a large shed on the right - continue past this and you will see a rotting hulk of a wooden cruiser on oil drums. This is where the parking area for the Wet Shed is.

• Like 3

5...4...3...2...1...Thunderbirds are GO!

Thunderbird 2 (which seems to look like a Qashqai) is currently descending onto the equipment pod in the hanger.  The next-door neighbour is currently shouting at me for fitting hinges on her shrubbery to make 'take off' from Timbo Island more realistic.

Essentials are packed. Working from my daughter's list she's just written for me... Food (crate of beer), cutlery (bottle opener), suitcase (full of medication...should have taken some perhaps), tent (Maurice Mynah Memorial Marquee), Tools (everything from the shed that will fit in a box), Tool (me in the driving seat), Vegetables (I think that's me again), bits of boat (curvey wood), bits of boat in kit form (rough wood in planks), knob (could be me...but I'm guessing she means the one Stuart made for RT's throttle), Stain (checking the front of my t-shirt) camera (wonder if it's Aztec? where is that medication?), phone (for ET impressions and talking to brother in law Steve on the trip down), dognuts (I'm going to have to ask...will report back when I find out but Dylan and Toby are looking worried), Darth Vader outfit (nebuliser), wine (aw do I have to?) and dougHnuts not dognuts (for me to eat on the way down.Chillax beagles!).

So I'm looking forward to seeing everybody very soon. Steve and I will be at the beautiful Hickling Campsite from around 6pm depending on traffic!

• Like 8

Well, I'm sitting here in Malta with a cool beer and a cigar, must admit I would dearly love to be with you this weekend. I hope you have an enjoyable an productive couple of days. Tonight it is Eurovision, nibbles and more beer. Look after Timbo and keep an eye on that suitcase of medication, and no parties:55c8f94983015_default_happyparty:

45 minutes ago, Lulu said:

Team RT started work around 830. Bacon butties started the day. 

Some pics to set the scene. No technical details as I have no clue so will leave that to others. 

Excellent Lulu but I believe we are all sat following this thread awaiting the photo of the aforementioned bacon butties which you seem to have missed...