Diy Sos (forum Style)

Having spoken to Martham, Ian has given permission for us to do one weekend in May or June I do not want to take advantage of his generosity and book multiple weekends.

For me it would have to be either have to be the 12th or next available date will be 9 June.

Doug.

Edited by brundallNavy

As for the May 12th - I am up for this. I would also be happy to put a chunk of funds in for accommodation maybe on one of Marthams boats/bungalows if they were free and would do a weekend price.

June 7th to 11th  I can't as am on Indy with the rest of the crew (Doug you welcome to join us for a cruise as will be on the rivers so nice and still).

I might not be very good with wood working but am ok with varnish, painting, sanding, taking apart, putting together and generally giving a hand.

Do you have a list or idea as to what you need doing Doug? 

For example you may not want people applying undercoat to the hull if the cabin sides are being scraped back just above them. 

Is there electrics or plumbing to attend to etc etc

9 minutes ago, JanetAnne said:

Do you have a list or idea as to what you need doing Doug? 

For example you may not want people applying undercoat to the hull if the cabin sides are being scraped back just above them. 

Is there electrics or plumbing to attend to etc etc

All of the above lol.

Main jobs,

‘install base and diesel tank, needs to be done before the engine goes in.

fit new heater (again will be easier before tank/engine fit.

sand back hull and cabin side in preparation for paint varnish 

fit hoppers to both forward cabins and plug holes before we can varnish.

fit new rear doors (if we have hinges)

Finish prep for new deck.

Well I tried, I really did. No matter how much I glared at our social diary and pondered about trying to shift thing round.   I communicated with Doug on this a few days ago now  Annoyingly I just can't make it, every weekend in May is already booked up for me and if I ditch any one of them I will be letting other folk down not to mention incurring their wrath and getting verbal abuse too.  June isn't much better either, only 1 x weekend not spoken for at present.  The 9th June is also a definite no go.  Sigh, not best chuffed at this end.

'B.A' can be used as a hotel boat.  She can accommodate 6 x crew without anyone having to share the double bunk or using the wheelhouse sofa.  Moored through the bridge if river levels allow, otherwise moored up close to PHB or at the Wetshed - A car driver can collect / return the workers from Martham at the end of the days toil I would hope.

Griff

I will see if I can get some time off for good behaviour (ok, ok, I know I should have been good first).

Happy to get involved and help with the diesel tank or the heating system Doug.

Is all the planking work done underneath? I can bring the caulking and puttying queen with me...

B.A' can be used as a hotel boat.  She can accommodate 6 x crew without anyone having to share the double bunk or using the wheelhouse sofa.  Moored through the bridge if river levels allow, otherwise moored up close to PHB or at the Wetshed - A car driver can collect / return the workers from Martham at the end of the days toil I would hope.

Griff

i would leave it in the wet shed as I’m doing with Nipper. It’s a good walk from the river to the shed even if you can get under. 

• Thanks 1

What a place , really what a place this this is . It restores faith in human nature . It's shown me kindness in the past for which I am forever grateful.

I would love to help, but the 500 miles is a bit of an obstacle!!  I'm on the broads (south) for a week from the 29th June. Should some help be needed that week for any unfinished tasks , I would be more than happy to help out  in away I can , just let me know .

This place has had a few rocky months , but cream always come to the top. 

• Like 4