Diy Sos (forum Style)

It’s now confirmed for the weekend of the 12th 13 th May. 
Can  people can confirm if they can attend that weekend so I can get an idea of numbers and sort jobs etc.  

I don’t think I’ll be able to make that. Sorry.
I think I’ll be overseas.
If there’s any clean up or anything after the event I can do next time I’m down you only have to ask.

3 hours ago, Polly said:

I will make cakes.

Now we're talking...:default_biggrin:

I'll concentrate on the heating Doug. Ali will check the bottom for any caulking and puttying needed etc and get a coat of primer, tar varnish, antifouling or whatever is your preferred coating on.

Sorry peeps , I get back from San Diego on the Friday night. I am a very good racket thee person though. Northern for guess and get it right kind of guy. Saved me hours with curtain rails in the past. If it looks right it is.. Never mind all that measuring ...lol

You will have my wholehearted moral support.

Hello Doug, currently enjoying all that the Caledonian canal has to offer, but took ten minutes to catch up whilst waiting for the old people to wake up and get ready to go for my birthday meal, that aside I looked at Royal Tudor in the shed a few weeks ago and thought this needs a few hands, will certainly try and be there. Excellent idea.

• Like 2

Hi Doug,

We will drive up on the Friday after work and stay on 'Juan' we will drive over on the Saturday morning to meet up and see how we can help. I'm more than willing to help JA  with the  heating and tank or anything else. Lulu can make Tea and wants to take a million pics to chronicle the works !!!!

Cheers

I must admit if it was in June, I would like to meet some of the inmates in here and experience restoration of a boat. I do have some holiday expected in June, so if my talents that are somewhat limited in boat restoration might be needed and you aren't a Tardis away from Ipswich, I might be able to help.

Well my dear friends, how can I best express the sincere gratitude I feel for your kindness, camaraderie and friendship? When you are at your very, very, lowest, up steps the greatest set of friends you could ask for. Broadsmen and women every one of you! I really don't know how to thank you adequately for your kindness...other than to get my decrepit carcass back into operation as soon as I can of course!

If the 'Thunderbirds are 'go'' then you are going to need someone to walk around like they are held up with bits of string and a hand up his shirt flap making his eyes wobble! With this goal in mind, I'm concentrating on getting healthy... low-fat coffee, sugar-free vindaloo and low cholesterol pork dripping sandwiches for me from now on so I can come and lend a hand or at least do some cheerleading. That reminds me...must get the Ra-Ra skirt and my pompoms out of the cupboard.

Much improved today, have a woman coming round to make me cough, apparently. I'm checking for mallets, tenderisers, bricks and mangles before letting her in.

Once again thank you all so very much for your kindness, help and above all your friendship!

• Like 14

Brief update then. Mike Chameleon is funding bacon butties  brekkie and ham and/or cheese rolls for lunch and tea; and Coffee, of the instant variety. Doug/Timbo have an expresso for purists.

I have sorted two picnic tables with stools for a quick break, and will undertake to make cakes for elevensies and afternoon tea, as well as making the above mentioned courtesy of Mike and keep a flow of T/Coffee coming as requested in between doing my bit of sanding/undercoating/varnishing as commanded by Doug/Sensei. 

This is Saturday and Sunday.

Please, in the interests of t'environment, could everyone bring a couple of mugs of their own? One if you are happy with your own tannin, two will give a chance to have a clean set , at least sometimes! 

You know, Doug, we may be working with Timbo's 'blessing', but I, for one, have met Timbo, I mean, 'blessing' is this wise?

Timbo, you need a clipboard to walk around with. 

• Like 1

Timmy wear your academic gown (I just KNOW) you have one! Then you may look all professorial and erudite, just before falling down and swearing like a trooper.

After that I suggest you sit in a wheelbarrow and be whizzed back and forth to supervise.

• Haha 1

We won't be able to make this as we have friends meeting us on the southern broads that weekend. Is there any other contribution we could make to help out?

I see Mike has already covered the butties ?

ETA I see Polly has asked people to bring their own cups. I do have a number of stainless travel mugs (with a closeable lid) if they would be any use. People could just take them at the end or bin them.