Reedham, Somerleyton, Mutford Bridges None Operational

Just now, Bound2Please said:

A barrier I think not a gate quite possibly, as it has happened when a train has rolled back a foot'ish at gated crossings where the gates are opened to road traffic when a train in a platform.

My memory is not infallible but I do recall correctly that it was a incident that led to the closure of the barriers to road and pedestrians whilst a train is approaching the station or stopped at the station not some H&S  rule. 

I think having to have barriers down while a train is in an adjacent station just incase it rolls or its brakes fail etc is a good example of a situation that should be overcome to the benefit of non rail users reducing the barrier down time rather than it just being deemed acceptable in the interest of safety, there must be another way of keeping it safe, trains with working brakes maybe!!

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Bound2Please said:

What has this got to do with Swing Bridges ????????????????????????????????

A little off track, but the thread had headed down a branch line which was looking ways in which trains were  disrupting other services, in this instance causing "station" ry traffic upsetting some people to the point where they might go off the rails in anger. Maybe we should look for a new platform to discuss this.

52 minutes ago, Bound2Please said:

15 hours ago, Bound2Please said:

Barriers go up and down, gates go either across the road or railway track, hence with barriers people have been known to drive onto the track.

If you read a few posts up you mention barriers.... 

Dnks34 is posting a link to railway barriers not working.. so it’s railway related.. 

You didn’t question Grendels picture of a bus going through an arch... that’s not swing bridge related is it...?????? 

But like most topics on here they go off track abit... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bound2Please said:

Nowt! 

Other than highlighting what a pain in the posterior rail infrastructure is in this area, although the victoria road track is the Ipswich line not the same line as the swing bridges that brought about this thread but the article talks about the economic effects to the area that I was refering to and the swing bridges are part of that I think.  

Rail disruption to other vehicles be it boat or road is low priorty it taking Network Rail almost 2 years to implement changes to signalling which supposedly means OBN barriers dont close for so long (allthough I cant really see much difference) MPs had to get involved to get them to address that issue with some enthusiasm. 

• Like 3