Hi all

To recap I have been having a problem getting my engines to rev up to the manufacturers spec. Servicing etc made only a little difference so following advice from Clements, the prop people, I decided to take the plunge and go with their suggestion to lower the pitch to their calculations.

After a 4.30 a.m start this morning :yawn: to drive to St.Neots, I got back in time to get Sea Jem back in and take her for a river trial (with Trade Plates of course). I am pleased that the engines now rev to exactly where they should at full throttle, the top speed being about the same as before as far as we could tell in the confines of the river.

I was in two minds whether to do this or not but I now feel the engines are straining less so that can only be good..right :? and the black smoke that was always present under load has much reduced. :Stinky

regards

Wayne

Hi Ian

Yes we do intend being there at Whitsun - subject to dates. I have to be in London on the Friday so need to be back on the Thursday, and would prefer at least one other boat going back that day too.

We are going to try and get a run out to sea before. :grin:

best regards

Wayne

ps - how are the stairs?

Hi Wayne as I said Clement are masters of this black art :bow

Your top speed will probably still be the same but with less load on the engines and will keep the turbo's happy :grin:

Look forward to seeing you in Southwold.

Jonathan

Hi glad you got them sorted. just a question does your 33 have rope cutters fitted as last week at clements they told me that they can cost up to 2 knots and if fitted incorectlly a couple more knots will be lost.

We will be down tomorrow so if your around will see you there. cheersbar