Emojis

Hylander

I just tried to use an emoji on here and what a battle that was.    I kept clicking on the little face and absolutely nowt happened and when it did,  it flashed up on the screen and went in a heart beat.   Has somebody been fiddling with it.?

try clearing your page cache, press f12 and a whole lot of info will pop up either at the right or across the bottom of your screen, then use the reload button top left (like a circle with an arrow head, and right click it, there should be an option to clear cache and hard reset, use this one, then click the cross in the corner of the rubbish f12 put there to close it and have another go at the emojiis

• 1 month later...
it seems several people are having emoji problems, any additional info on how you are posting them would be useful
eg I click the smiley face in the reply box - but then I am using a pc.
Texting emojis from app:-):-P:-P:-)
First from device
:-)
Then direct typed in
Then from the smiley in the reply box

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

Interesting, when you post using the app, you dont get the same custom smileys the forum uses, instead you get a default list from your device, which appear when you post them here, other methods of attaching smileys dont work eg :-) 

:default_wacko: From the drop down :default_2gunsfiring_v1:box
It then freezes the phone and I have to shut the forum,  then go back in and carry on.

It just stopped completely and I had to go back and open the reply/ posting box

again and recover the text and emoji.

I use firefox on android.

I tried to add another emoji from the classic section and it froze before I managed to select one,  same process,  close and reopen and recover text.

Most odd,  no problems posting without emojis,  this is a recent, ish problem.;(

Hmm, that suggests it is browser related on the android version of the browser.

For those that use the apps, the emojis the app uses are different to the ones the forum uses, we are investigating the possibility of adding the app emojis to the forum list which should help.

well you could give it a try, however the android app uses its own set of emoji's so the forum ones may not display correctly when viewed, we are looking at it, but short of losing the current forum emojis theres not an easy solution.

• Thanks 1