Replacement Bathing Platform Wood

We are looking to replace the rotted wood in our bathing platform hopefully with the more traditional slats as opposed to the current one piece stop gap she came with .

Does anyone know and can recommend where we can source suitable wood and also where we can get it cut to size please .

shes currently with George at Ludham for other work but replacement wood isn’t one of his areas of expertise 

attached is a not very good photo

9B118524-D7DC-437B-BE95-0183ACB65C0A.jpeg

Traditionally teak slats but iroka should be fine given its from the teak family , Tim Collins will no doubt be able to supply the necessary material .

It's a big ask of ply even resin bonded to not delaminate given its going to spend more time wet than dry .

No doubt there is a plastic composite alternative these days which while being just fine for the job  but to me wouldn't have the same appeal as timber , then again I'm biased given my carpentry and boat building background :default_biggrin: .

49 minutes ago, Ricardo said:

Traditionally teak slats but iroka should be fine given its from the teak family , Tim Collins will no doubt be able to supply the necessary material .

It's a big ask of ply even resin bonded to not delaminate given its going to spend more time wet than dry .

No doubt there is a plastic composite alternative these days which while being just fine for the job  but to me wouldn't have the same appeal as timber , then again I'm biased given my carpentry and boat building background :default_biggrin: .

I will attempt to measure up what I need and go with your suggestion I think 

I have used greenheart as a raised planter surround, 15 years later and not a trace of rot. its a very rot proof wood used for sea groines and piling. one word of warning, its murder to work with and splinters will fester horribly. - the pieces I have were offcuts when they were installing new sea defences at whitstable

21 hours ago, brundallNavy said:

Tim Collins in Wroxham, he can cut to any size / thickness for you.  I would go for something like Iroko or Mahogany Oak will go black after time.

What about Opepe from the chaps at Martham Doug?