The Broads Forum Rip

I picked this comment up from a relevant face-book page, written by a wise commentator:

So. Let me see if I have this right:
- the Authority was castigated in the Peer Review for its lack of openness, subtly given the delicacy of phrasing in public sector reports, but castigated nonetheless.
- The Authority's actions since then have been to insulate itself further from public input of any kind, even the watered down version provided by the Broads Forum.

Did I capture the essence?

It's also worth noting that 'Granny', the Authority chairwoman, recently resigned from the Broads Society, another avenue for openness and involvement. 

I note that the membership of the Broads forum had in their midst some vehemently critical members of the Broads community. 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

"So let me see if I have this right"

Not a quote from the Broads National Pike! 

The essence would appear to be that the Authority is raising its drawbridge at a time when the Peer Review has made it clear that it should be more willing to engage with its stakeholders.