• Announcements

Welcome! New around here? Take a look at the New Members' Guide for some pointers.

Not a member yet? Sign up here and you can soon be chatting away with friends old and new..

Check out our Handy Information section if you're after something quickly!

Koolwabbit

Boating And Drinking

3 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

What I’m trying to say is each to their own in moderation, however we all have differing ideas of what is moderate, which is fine and dandy by me

Griff

Excellent advice Griff. I don’t, but as I said happy for others to.

• Thanks 1

Jay is lucky that I won’t be at home whilst he slogs his way past it on the MK marathon after that comment!:default_badday:Tripping up springs to mind!

Still, to run a marathon...respect! :default_icon_bowdown:

Hope it won’t be as hot as the London one Jay!

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, YnysMon said:

Jay is lucky that I won’t be at home whilst he slogs his way past it on the MK marathon after that comment!:default_badday:Tripping up springs to mind!

All comments are made In jest of course :default_smiley-angelic002:.

With my size 12's I don't normally need much help tripping over but I shall bear it in mind if I spot you around the broads in future, I wouldn't want you helping me to take a head first tumble into the water

1 minute ago, YnysMon said:

Thanks Helen. Forcast looks like sunny and 19°C, so not as bad as some of my previous ones.

16 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

I agree Helen, he's sailing very close to the wind with that remark but I wouldn't mind being at that finish line with a towel to mop his brow :default_norty:

Grace

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

What I’m trying to say is each to their own in moderation, however we all have differing ideas of what is moderate, which is fine and dandy by me

Griff

Good advice,

Because as soon as I read about the "evils of drinking"................... I gave up reading :default_biggrin:

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Ray said:

I think the general perception is down to the fact that for most be8ng on a boat is our down time or indeed holiday, anyone that enjoys a tipple even in moderation generally takes a glass or two when relaxing and enjoying life.

I very much enjoy a beer or two when onboard or in a broads pub, but never to excess (since my youth anyway).

I believe I have found the answer to my OP. Since I retired I have been out on my boat for a few days every week and forgot others are not so lucky. So getting out on the water is special and is used for recreation and relaxation. Both go well with a relaxing drink. Especially when on holiday. I don't drink but my partner and our five adult children do . Probably 100's on the broads don't either. 

Nigel

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Gracie said:

I agree Helen, he's sailing very close to the wind with that remark but I wouldn't mind being at that finish line with a towel to mop his brow :default_norty:

Grace

I'm not sailing. I am never sailing, not when there is a perfectly good engine that can be bolted onto a boat.

Anyway when you do your job of looking pretty and getting the beers in so well why wouldn't I want you carrying it on :default_smiley-angelic002:

I will see you at the finish then shall I?

Looking pretty and bringing me a beer of course :default_biggrin:

Grace and a pint of Ghost Ship :default_biggrin: what more could a man want..............:default_icon_kiss:

Two pints of Ghost Ship :default_norty:

Crikey, better be careful, I keep forgetting Mrs Nog is looking in now!!!!!!!! :facepalm:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, NorfolkNog said:

Grace and a pint of Ghost Ship :default_biggrin: what more could a man want..............:default_icon_kiss:

Two pints of Ghost Ship :default_norty:

Crikey, better be careful, I keep forgetting Mrs Nog is looking in now!!!!!!!! :facepalm:

A couple of pints of stella and Grace, with the hotel room keys handy :default_smiley-angelic002:

What???? I will need a shower you know :default_norty:

Yeah you had. And don't forgot what you said about allowing Mrs Nog into full members.....oops :facepalm:

1 hour ago, Jayfire said:

A couple of pints of stella and Grace, with the hotel room keys handy :default_smiley-angelic002:

What???? I will need a shower you know :default_norty:

Yeah you had. And don't forgot what you said about allowing Mrs Nog into full members.....oops :facepalm:

Ooohhhhhh, you mean that fizzy lager stuff don't you.....

I really had better stop this terrible skim reading habit, I nearly had kittens for a minute there :default_blush:

Big lover of red wine & boats! Great together....! But each to their own.

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

• Like 1

Chuffin 'Eck, That lot in the photo would drive me to drink, I'd need the beer goggles on to even think about kissing that lot!

Griff

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

Chuffin 'Eck, That lot in the photo would drive me to drink, I'd need the beer goggles on to even think about kissing that lot!

Griff

Beer goggles I doubt it...........best go for a blindfold instead.

There isn't enough Stella in Norfolk that would give you strong enough beer goggles for that lot

3 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

Ladies against.jpg

Who's joking?

5 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

This is more like it :default_biggrin:imageproxy.php?img=&key=58c9797d2ed25bd5

IMG_20180405_153605.jpg

Couldn't possibly comment Mr Nog... :default_biggrin:

17 minutes ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

Real girl drinking pints of bitter.

I wish I knew then what I know now, when we were that age the "proper girls" were drinking pints in the pub and us "real guys" were out in the car park tinkering with carburetors and discussing tyre profiles. And we wondered why the "nerds" got all the good ones.

18 minutes ago, Philosophical said:

I wish I knew then what I know now, when we were that age the "proper girls" were drinking pints in the pub and us "real guys" were out in the car park tinkering with carburetors and discussing tyre profiles. And we wondered why the "nerds" got all the good ones.

:default_rofl:I was never into cars and stuff in that way, which left me in the pubs with the "proper girls". Good times.

I'm no nerd though :default_biggrin:

2 minutes ago, Jayfire said:

:default_rofl:I was never into cars and stuff in that way, which left me in the pubs with the "proper girls". Good times.

I'm no nerd though :default_biggrin:

If you were the same age as me I'd probably bear a grudge

1 minute ago, Philosophical said:

If you were the same age as me I'd probably bear a grudge

:default_rofl:

think I am ok then :default_biggrin: