Bye Bye

JohnK

2 minutes ago, batrabill said:

So my crime is that some didn’t get it?

i humbly apologise. 

Not a crime bb

I kind of twigged you was being sarcastic, but then I recognise sarcasm better than most as pretty much everything I say myself is sarcastic.

The problem with the written word on a forum is that it's meaning can be taken in so many ways which are not the intended way.

Like some have mentioned stick a smilie on there and people who may have been upset or offended can see you was messing about and it saves pages of complaints and problems for the mods.

Anyway, let's all just get back to enjoying the forum, stop arguing between ourselves, and generally ignoring my pointless ramblings :default_biggrin:

1 minute ago, BroadAmbition said:

OP:-  I would hope you just cool off for a while then carry on posting intelligent interesting rubbish along with the rest of us 

Griff

Hey, my rubbish is neither intelligent or interesting :default_biggrin:

I miss John already. He and I saw many things the same and were both at odds with the “party line.”

Seen lots of people leave recently. All for the same core reason. A couple of tears are shed but then everything goes back to the way the dominant voices here like it. That is, the party line isn’t challenged.

To all those who did not immediately realise that the "good riddance" post was a joke, and please think carefully before answering this.

Do any of you think, believe or even suspect, that ANY established member of this forum would actually make a post like that and mean it? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

12 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

To all those who did not immediately realise that the "good riddance" post was a joke, and please think carefully before answering this.

Do any of you think, believe or even suspect, that ANY established member of this forum would actually make a post like that and mean it? 

I guess to expand upon that a bit more, 

Do any of you think, believe or even suspect, that any of the mods would have left the comment without taking action, unless they'd seen it for what it was, a joke? 

• Thanks 3

38 minutes ago, EastCoastIPA said:

I guess to expand upon that a bit more, 

Do any of you think, believe or even suspect, that any of the mods would have left the comment without taking action, unless they'd seen it for what it was, a joke? 

That is a debatable point.   (pun).:default_gbxhmm:

Let's put it another way. When a member who has become known for his interesting and well intended contributions feels uncomfortable with forum reactions to the extent of deciding to leave, I would not think it is something to make light of.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Jayfire said:

Oh shut up Grace (joke)

My gorgeous Jay, I never thought for one minute you would ever tell me to shut up but I will respond (as I said earlier) in a dignified and adult manner............:default_smiley-taunt014:

I'm telling me Dad :default_biggrin:

Grace

xxx

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

Let's put it another way. When a member who has become known for his interesting and well intended contributions feels uncomfortable with forum reactions to the extent of deciding to leave, I would not think it is something to make light of.

It's probably worth reminding ourselves that it was only ONE person who complained about John's post, and in his own words, he isn't even worried that someone complained. His issue is that admin upheld the complaint and gave him a warning. Now I don't know what sparked the original complaint, haven't seen the original post and to be honest am not that interested, but do feel that the issue is really between John and admin, not the rest of the forum. He has already made it clear he is not leaving because of members reactions, or complaint, but the handling off. That should surely be private?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Gracie said:

My gorgeous Jay, I never thought for one minute you would ever tell me to shut up but I will respond (as I said earlier) in a dignified and adult manner............:default_smiley-taunt014:

I'm telling me Dad :default_biggrin:

Grace

xxx

Just kidding Grace. You know I love you constantly talking my ear off :default_biggrin:

I'll have to have a chat with your mum whilst you moan about me to your dad. It's ok, take your time, your mum and I will be fine :default_smiley-angelic002:

1 hour ago, Vaughan said:

Well said .

1 hour ago, EastCoastIPA said:

It's probably worth reminding ourselves that it was only ONE person who complained about John's post, and in his own words, he isn't even worried that someone complained. His issue is that admin upheld the complaint and gave him a warning. Now I don't know what sparked the original complaint, haven't seen the original post and to be honest am not that interested, but do feel that the issue is really between John and admin, not the rest of the forum. He has already made it clear he is not leaving because of members reactions, or complaint, but the handling off. That should surely be private?

Its nothing to do with the forum agreed , I got a warning a while back n its up to me if I let folk know which I did cause iv nothing to hide , I made a mistake ,  did my time as it we're n now have a different approach to posting , + I got to know the mods better , I did hack me off at the time sure it did but that's life , I know what's out there alternative's n its not a patch on here .

6 hours ago, batrabill said:

I miss John already. He and I saw many things the same and were both at odds with the “party line.”

Seen lots of people leave recently. All for the same core reason. A couple of tears are shed but then everything goes back to the way the dominant voices here like it. That is, the party line isn’t challenged.

So if you and John went and started your own forum, where you and others were the 'dominant voices' and your views were seen as the 'party line' and then some people joined with opposing views, would you change your views to theirs?

I just don't get all this fuss, this forum is one of the tamest, friendliest, most inclusive and safest you will find. Anyone who cant hack it here is not cut out for internet forums

25 minutes ago, 40something said:

So if you and John went and started your own forum, where you and others were the 'dominant voices' and your views were seen as the 'party line' and then some people joined with opposing views, would you change your views to theirs?

I just don't get all this fuss, this forum is one of the tamest, friendliest, most inclusive and safest you will find. Anyone who cant hack it here is not cut out for internet forums

Dunno. Haven’t left. Haven’t started a forum. Don’t think forums should have a party line at all. 

All the best. 

Another trend seems to be people have not liked the fact others have disagreed with them then dicide to leave.I just don't get it.Over time I have disagreed with others.Thats what it's all about.As for many leaving in recent times many people have joined and some have left.As I said before leaving just give it time before doing so.

• Like 3