Salty Bottoms Summer

Guest mariotech

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I already have an up to date C1 imray chart for the Thames estuary and the Imray pack covers up to Lowestoft at £10 less than the Admiralty pack (Admiralty includes Thames Estuary, Imray doesnt and C1 is £17 but does cover further into the Thames) I am going to go with Imray,

Have found the chart pack for £31.50 including delivery but am waiting to here back from them as to what date the portfolio has on it as I hope all the charts will have been updated to this point.

The Company is Dash4it.co.uk and they have the C1 Chart for £15.30 inc delivery which they claim is fully updated.

When I get a response I will post back.

Gillingham Marina now booked on another party pontoon next to the bar in the locked basin for the 4th August, they also have petrol at a reasonable price so with the aid of a couple of Jerry cans I can now cut Bradwell on the way down if required.

Gillingham £2.25 per Meter per night

Chatham £3.25 - 10% so £2.92 per meter per night, Including Electricity.

Chatham as all states and Gillingham +/- 4.5 hrs so should not have a problem with access.

It seems even my C28 chart, purchased earlier this year from Norfolk Marine, is a 2007 edition :o .

I think I intend to purchase Imray C1, C2 & C28 as well as Y16, Y17 & Y18. Combined with my Admiralty folio that covers down to Orford Ness, do you think that would be a suitable set of charts for the trip guys?

Hi - I've ordered one too - now just got to find the time to read it :?

rgds

Wayne

Had this for Fathers day a couple of years ago, a very handy tool but remember its written for sailies.

Itinerary Update

As I no longer need Bradwell for fuel it has been cut from the run down in favour of Woodbridge, this removes one of the return stops so freeing up a bit more time, also knocks around 20 miles off the trip.

It now runs, Southwold, Woodbridge, Tichmarsh for 2 nights, Gillingham, St Kats 3 nights, Chatham probably 2 nights due to arrival and departure times although it can be cut to 1 night if everyone has had enough of built up after 3 nights at St Kats. Brighlingsea, Ipswich 2 nights then back to Broads.

Any input from others would be welcome, is everyone happy, does anyone want to stay longer at a port or call somewhere different? :Stinky:Stinky

Just wanted to say with the Thames & St Kats being the " highlight" for us we're more than happy to be flexible in where else we stop and just enjoy the trip. :grin:

Only question we have to date is - do you need any details re Beam / length etc for any of the planned moorings?

Hi Gary/Liz?

As long as you have booked your berth for St. Kats, all the others just wanted length and as there will be five or six of us I have just given them all boats between 32 and 42 foot.

Have you booked for St. Kats yet as it is very likely to fill up quickly for the time we are there? everyone else has booked.

Apologies if you already know this but in case anyone is ordering elsewhere-

Just spoke to Imray and they are currently "folding" the new prints of C2 which should then be available at the end of next week. As last print was 2005 we're presuming these will be nicely up to date? ??!!

Liz

Just spoke to Imray and they are currently "folding" the new prints of C2 which should then be available at the end of next week. As last print was 2005 we're presuming these will be nicely up to date? ??!!

Liz

Thanks for that Info Liz. I shall hold off ordering my charts until after the WRC weekend then!

Just a quick query re passage planning for the trip - is the intention to stick close to the coast ?

thanks Gary

It is where sensible and safe to do so. Ian being on petrols tends to plot the shortest route whereas I try to avoid lobster pots being on shafts which often means going slightly deeper. We can discus more at WRC next weekend.

Jonathan

Shut up you lot :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Doesn't look like we will be joining the salty bottoms this year, maybe nexy year ???!!!

had to go to southend today, to pick up Jay who had been to a beach party. Whilst sitting in traffic (It was absolutely manic) on the sea front, I was watching the boat activety (We will be salty one day) and noticed that it appeared to be very rough (wind over tide, I think), all the boats were bobbing around like guddduns!

Ohmigod! am I starting to think like a salty :bow:bow

wish we could be with you, maybe next year :grin:

Lou xx