Salty Bottoms Summer

Guest mariotech

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

North Easterly's yesterday but nothing out there, about 18" wave hight with about the same in chop, making it virtually impossible to see any waves, today south easterly's which we did on a following tide with wind over tide, nothing to speak about at sea but the entrance to Yarmouth had chopped up a fair bit and needed some speed carrying into the entrance. New outer harbour seems to bounce plenty back when the waves are running that way. both days wind 3-4 and if we get a weekend like this one next week for the meet it will be a fantastic event.

cheersbarcheersbar:Stinky:Stinky

Hey Gav,

I was right about the sea conditions off of southend, see Perry's East Coast Dairy. Even Col told me I was wrong about the bobbing, I was beginning to feel abit of an ejit :oops: nice to know that I'm not completely mad :party2::party2:

I kept looking at the boats and thinking that it didn't look comfortable, amazing how much the sea conditions can differ from one place to the next :shocked

And yes, we will be at the WRC, can't wait :dance:party:

Lou xx

Fancy them doubting you Lou :grin:

Early Saturday was very pleasant but by the afternoon the heat had set in a reasonable sea breeze put in an appearance with the ships bouncing around on the buoys. I don't know about elsewhere but the Stour PM Saturday was what Tina refers to as 'Sloptastic'

Understand talking to Merlyn & Lorraine yesterday that they had a pretty bumpy ride back from the Thames on Saturday, evidently not pleasant at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Well this one has fallen apart a bit :cry

Heather and me will still be doing the trip as it is one we missed out on last year.

At present a couple of the original gang are having a few problems and this has lead to another pulling out understandably through a slight crises of confidence, due to not having another boat that can run the same speed and losing the comfort of having another boat alongside at all times.

At last count there were two boats still going and spaces in all the marinas if anyone else fancy's it. :Stinky:Stinky

with the weather looking a bit variable for August maybe a run to Gillingham from Southwold will be on the cards for the St. Kats trip, if the weather is good think it may be sensible to make the most of it and if Clanny is not messing around with rivers on the way down she can do it on a single fill. :Stinky:Stinky