Hampton Safari

fourways

Good luck, I'm pretty sure she has been moored there for some time by the current owner. John and Lynne man the office, John is a Herbert Woods director and very knowledgeable and helpful as is Lynne.

1 hour ago, Ray said:

This has just arrived in my inbox, although you may have already seen it

https://www.watersidemarinesales.co.uk/boats-for-sale/hampton-mk-3-sparcol.html

May need a little updating but with a recent survey to view could well be worth a look at such a competative price!

(I bought from Waterside and found them very fair and helpful)

Great looking little boat, though the first thing i`d do is put a proper toilet on it, with a remote tank.  These little boats were really well made, with good sturdy hulls and decks, so providing the mechanicals (engine, gearbox, steering and electrics) are all sound, the superficial stuff is easily doable.  The other thing is, that £12,950 price tag, is only an "asking" price, and may be able to be got with a reasonable offer, when argued that money will have to be spent on installing a proper toilet, with tank and associated tank and hardware etc, also, there is no matress for the aft double, though that may be available.

Well done Fourways, i envy you. I love the Hamptons, and still have`nt given up on the idea of having one, but nearer to homw, so we could use it more often.  I hope she brings you many years of enjoyment?.

Regards and best wishes ............................ Neil.

many thanks for the interest in my hampton sorry have no pictures yet or a name for it.anyway getting back to my boat cannot make my mind up where to moor boat can have one at herbert woods and also can have one at landermores at wroxham not to sure if it will go under wroxham bridge very easy cannot find exact height for the boat.sent a email to a a couple of boat yards to get a price to have it antifouled and the sides painted and a full service on the engine and drive. then start on the inside mattress and new toilet.

• Like 2

Took our Mk3 under Wroxham Bridge a few weeks back so you'll be OK there. Haven't done Potter yet but it should be fine... occasionally at least when the weather, tides and river level all come right at the same time.

I measured ours at 6' 7" airdraft, it's hard to get (or give) an exact figure as it varies with fuel level, water tank and holding tank level and crew on board.

Enjoy! :12_slight_smile:

If it’s any help, there are lots of Hamptons moored at Landermores, mate of mine keeps his Hampton MKIII there, never an issue with Wroxham bridge. We also keep our Ocean 30 there, again no issues with the bridge heights. 

Cheers 

Paul

11 hours ago, PCL023 said:

If it’s any help, there are lots of Hamptons moored at Landermores, mate of mine keeps his Hampton MKIII there, never an issue with Wroxham bridge. We also keep our Ocean 30 there, again no issues with the bridge heights. 

Cheers 

Paul

Have they made any improvements to the old Le boat yard since taking over?