• Announcements

Welcome! New around here? Take a look at the New Members' Guide for some pointers.

You can Sign up or log in with your Facebook account and you can soon be chatting away with friends old and new..

Check out our Handy Information section if you're after something quickly!

• calender payment

Calendar Paymene

Delivery Options
    Your NBN Forum Username:

• If you would like to support the forum, please consider visiting the forum shop, where you can purchase such items as NBN Burgees, Window Stickers, or even a custom Limited Edition Wooden Throttle Control Knob

Forum Shop

Sign in to follow this  
fourways

Hampton Safari

Good luck, I'm pretty sure she has been moored there for some time by the current owner. John and Lynne man the office, John is a Herbert Woods director and very knowledgeable and helpful as is Lynne.

1 hour ago, Ray said:

This has just arrived in my inbox, although you may have already seen it

https://www.watersidemarinesales.co.uk/boats-for-sale/hampton-mk-3-sparcol.html

May need a little updating but with a recent survey to view could well be worth a look at such a competative price!

(I bought from Waterside and found them very fair and helpful)

Great looking little boat, though the first thing i`d do is put a proper toilet on it, with a remote tank.  These little boats were really well made, with good sturdy hulls and decks, so providing the mechanicals (engine, gearbox, steering and electrics) are all sound, the superficial stuff is easily doable.  The other thing is, that £12,950 price tag, is only an "asking" price, and may be able to be got with a reasonable offer, when argued that money will have to be spent on installing a proper toilet, with tank and associated tank and hardware etc, also, there is no matress for the aft double, though that may be available.

many thanks for all the help in finding a hampton. i purchased the mk3 from waterside marine today.

• Like 6

Brilliant! Congratulations and many years happy cruising! :default_beerchug:

Well done Fourways, i envy you. I love the Hamptons, and still have`nt given up on the idea of having one, but nearer to homw, so we could use it more often.  I hope she brings you many years of enjoyment?.

Regards and best wishes ............................ Neil.

Many congrats- saw this for sale at the weekend and looked to be a pretty decent buy! I hope she brings you much happiness :default_biggrin:

Looks a very tidy craft. May I wish you well to sail her.

Congrats Fourways but come on... we want pics... the works... we want info  … wot ya gonna call her???  where you gonna moor her??? WE want to know all about your Hampton.

Errr did I really say that last bit ? :default_icon_eek:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, MauriceMynah said:

Errr did I really say that last bit ? :default_icon_eek:

Yes - out loud too

Some one was going to say it. MM would have been a good bet. :default_biggrin:

• Like 3

At least you all know when I'm going to be predictable

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

All done in the best possible taste. :default_party0001:

56 minutes ago, CambridgeCabby said:

More so reliable , if it’s going to be thought then you can rely on MM to say it 

I'm just wondering what Fourways views are knowing that CambridgeCabby is thinking about his Hampton.  :default_blush:

• Haha 2

many thanks for the interest in my hampton sorry have no pictures yet or a name for it.anyway getting back to my boat cannot make my mind up where to moor boat can have one at herbert woods and also can have one at landermores at wroxham not to sure if it will go under wroxham bridge very easy cannot find exact height for the boat.sent a email to a a couple of boat yards to get a price to have it antifouled and the sides painted and a full service on the engine and drive. then start on the inside mattress and new toilet.

• Like 2

Took our Mk3 under Wroxham Bridge a few weeks back so you'll be OK there. Haven't done Potter yet but it should be fine... occasionally at least when the weather, tides and river level all come right at the same time.

I measured ours at 6' 7" airdraft, it's hard to get (or give) an exact figure as it varies with fuel level, water tank and holding tank level and crew on board.

Enjoy! :12_slight_smile:

If it’s any help, there are lots of Hamptons moored at Landermores, mate of mine keeps his Hampton MKIII there, never an issue with Wroxham bridge. We also keep our Ocean 30 there, again no issues with the bridge heights. 

Cheers 

Paul

If anyone wants to see pictures of the boat it`s on waterside marines website.ooh it`s nice

paul

11 hours ago, PCL023 said:

If it’s any help, there are lots of Hamptons moored at Landermores, mate of mine keeps his Hampton MKIII there, never an issue with Wroxham bridge. We also keep our Ocean 30 there, again no issues with the bridge heights. 

Cheers 

Paul

Have they made any improvements to the old Le boat yard since taking over?

14 hours ago, fourways said:

many thanks for the interest in my hampton sorry have no pictures yet

Probably the wrong forum for those sort of pictures. :default_coat:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

So which forum would you recommend Petersjoy?   :default_smiley-angelic002:

1 hour ago, MauriceMynah said:

So which forum would you recommend Petersjoy?   :default_smiley-angelic002:

Behave! Edited to add that I did put a smiliein but can’t get it to show. Use your imagination. One with a wagging finger maybe :):default_eusa_naughty:

• Like 1