Hello I’m New Here.....

PCL023

Hi Folks, 

I thought I should say hello. I have been following this forum and some others for many years now, from the shadows and thought it was about time I did things properly. I have been coming to the broads since I was a few months old, boating has been in my family from my grandparents who had a boat called Rippling Tide Y600 since the early 1970’s, like them the boat to has since departed, to my parents who since 1985 have been the custodians of a Martham Janice class, (Nice One A116), some of you may have seen her in the shed at Martham the other week, not long now until she is back in the wet stuff again this season, though a little later than normal. Grandparents and parents hired mainly before owning their boats, most of the time from Martham Boats, their is a great connection with this yard and these gems which look as though they are apart of the wonderful surroundings. So from the age of 10 my boating interests were kick started and very soon after Easter holidays were spent in the shed sanding, painting varnishing etc. Great memories and skills you never forget and always under the watchful eye from the guys at the yard so we had better do it right. My brother has his boat and a cousin has one too, so you could say boating is In our DNA. My first boat an Elysian 27 (Georgie R215), was a great introduction to my family to boating. We upgraded to our current boat in 2010, also Georgie D127, with her little brother Harry’s lil Boat towing behind. We keep them both at Wroxham and with out a doubt we have the next generation of boating nutters, (our kids) being made ready for the future and not just for sunny river outings, but also the hard graft in the shed too, from time to time. 

There is plenty more but not whising to rabble on, if you see us give us a wave stop for a chat there’s always some cold ones in the fridge. ?

Cheers 

Paul 

• Like 4