A Week in May

Here at the Berney Arms its grey and cold lol, Has been glorious all day tho. Watched the mist roll in from braydon, was superb. Camera forgotten tho :(

Dave and a few dozen others besides Jill, with the look of some peeps we have seen out on the water this weekend, including sadly some small children, with very sore looking sunburn on their skin :cry

Despite using a high factor Suncream, of all places i have managed to get burned on my eyelids slightly, not the sort of place you really want to be putting the stuff, and although i have had Reactolite lense specs on, they still havent covered the tender spots around the eyes that burn very easily :naughty:

Julz :wave

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

There was a report on the radio news today about some poor little baby having 20% burns due to being sat on the beach because it`s brain dead 21 year old mother wanted to lay on the beach and top up her tan. I hope they lock her up and throw away the keys two gunstwo gunstwo gunstwo gunstwo gunstwo gunstwo guns , the stupid little b...h. She`ll NEVER get any sympathy from me two gunstwo gunstwo gunstwo guns .

:wave good morning campers! up at 4 am and on our way at 4.30got to be the best time going, on the traffic heading towards Norfolk on the 29th he he he no problems on the journey except for the Fog on most of the A17 arrive at Tescos for the breakfast at Blue Boar few bits of shopping and on through Wroxham, Potters to Martham park the car and book in Shes ready for you so we load up and do the final checks and get under way to potters they meet us there and pilot us under no worries i said as there was over 7ft clearance aparantly there has been lots of boats getting under all this week we drop the pilot off and carry on down the Thurn in the bright sunshine phew its getting warm lol quite a few boats on the water so we turn right up the Bure and after a short treck see the coned off area where the boat was holed the other week well 2 spots one well coned off the other marked off with yellow poles and lights so we carry on up to St Benets and moor for lunch a nice roast ham salad with a brew and off we go for Salhouse.........

we get to Salhouse about 3pm in for a stern mooring and helped by members and bottomed out just before hitting the quay so mud weight in and moored and sorted lol

so off the boat meeting a few old faces and the new great crowd lots of lubrication around lol some pics to follow when ive got them sorted meet Brian and deposit a load of bread rolls/cakes at the barbaque trailor and go back to the boat and start cooking onions lol about 5kg of them for the burgers etc weathers beautifull we have a dog or two and then i have to retire to boat with a migrain i guess the sun and early start not helping i wake at 5.30 feeling lots better and am amazed at Jules strting the boat up at 6.15am and slipping off so on my second cup of tea i cook bacon for a sarnie and we too slip the moorings at just before eight and head for Wroxham

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

MORE, MORE, WE WANT MORE :party::party: . The start of another good holiday tale me thinks. Keep it coming Dave :clap:clap . Regards ............ Neil.

Sorry if we woke you up Dave :oops: we needed the early start to catch the low tides at Gt Yarmouth, and eventually made Beccles around tea time, just before the marina got really full almost to capacity :naughty::lol:

Julz :wave

No worries Jules i was already awake, so a gentle plod off to wroxham with a look back and pic of the meet boats behind us lots of boats about at this ime me thinks but the weather is red hot again and it must have got them out early as we get into wroxham we spot Aprils uncle who moors at barnes brinkcraft so we stop and chat and have a cuppa poor boat hardly moves and a Fairline twin engined thing so we say our goodbyes and go up to the bridge streight under and into the moorings.

Off on the usual trip to Roys for bits and pieces more bottled water 99p for 5litres so a couple purchased cant stand the water out of the tank on the boat so we use it for drinks

we sit watching the boats go and come under the bridge for a while and decide to go and have a carvery lunch at the pub (kings head) who kindly raise the price on a sunday to £8.95 but it washed down ok with a couple of pints of wherry

We decide to make a dash for the southern side today for a change

:wave:wave:wave yay managed to sort the pics out so wil be carrying on now

we leave Wroxham under the bridge and go east a wave to Aprils uncle as we pass again :Stinky so we make haste well 4mph and go past wroxham broad and salhouse looking through the banking overgrowth to see some of the forum members still there will post some more pics and then carry onpost-130-136713707891_thumb.jpgpost-130-136713707902_thumb.jpgpost-130-136713707908_thumb.jpgpost-130-136713708205_thumb.jpgpost-130-136713708212_thumb.jpg

so as we carry on we meet up with Roy headin for a session ooops lol we a mini meet at Acle for a meal with friends further on we see John ( Hockham) moored at Acle while a mini sailing regatta on we cruise through still taking a bit of a pull from the tide but its getting less now we go past stokesby and stracy and just carry on enjoying the time and weather we hit Yarmouth at just about High TIde as we have the top down on the boat we get under the bridges no problems do a right past the yellow marker lol and gun it under the main bridge at Braydon as you go under the bridge and turn left slightly we notice a cruiser aground on the right banking about 50 yards past the posts canopy back but no one on board we carry on and meet Maffetts Tug going to pull the stricken boat off the mud. the old girl is doing well doing a good 9mph acording to the tom tom we seem to get over braydon quite fast as we head past the Berney towards Reedham now doing the current speed limit as we get to the railway bridge it is swung round but cant see any reason for it as we creep slowly through and past the moorings so as not to upset anyone (grrrrrr last year) we plod on to the ferry and see it just pulling off and pass behind it as it gets close to the left banking up to the Chet and turn left down it we love this river so we crawl down the chet looking at the wildlife all about the broad on the right just emptying into the river showing the return tide is happening Pyes Mill looking quite full wondering if we will get in at the staith but room for about 4 so we do a hard right and back in between 2 boats just to the left of the water hose ther is a alfa craft enourmous bath tub at the end of the staith with an all male crew (more on this later)post-130-13671370823_thumb.jpgpost-130-136713708253_thumb.jpg

so safely moored and mud weight plonked in as ive heard theres a risk of being untied here but no problems actually we decide on a salad for a late tea and enjoy it as its been a scorcher of a run im really cooking now as we aftersun eachother we top up the water tank and watch some tv with a can or two and retire early as we are both knackered

11.50 arrives and im woken to the reving of a boat engine its pitch black i get up and see whats going on oic its the all male crew well and truly sloshed and i presume wanting hot water so deciding on the better dide of valour as theres 10 of them i make a drink of tea and watch wondering if any will fall in at 00.40 the engine is switched off and then its relativly quiet so back to bed and finally get off to sleep about 1.30 ish two gunstwo gunstwo guns

i wake at 5am get up wash and get dressed and go up top and im ammazed to see someone on this boat had slept on deck wrapped in a quilt see picspost-130-136713709776_thumb.jpgpost-130-136713710071_thumb.jpgpost-130-136713710086_thumb.jpg