No Greasy Spoon At Acle? Broads Briefing.

16 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

Interesting comment regarding both Acle & dredging here:

http://www.thebroadsblog.co.uk/2018/05/for-many-years-now-we-have-run-guard.html

Clearly a case of double standards , how many work boats are left on public moorings for longer that 24 hrs the one at somerleyton that was working at herring fleet was there 3 days in the last bank holiday same with the reed cutter at beccles on a demasting mooring , one rule for them another for us boaters , there's the case of the swim in beccles too when BA gave up public moorings for those that don't actually contribute to the navigation budget , the 3 rivers race is a event that surely helps tourism in certain areas something BA are pushing to promote n the feel this is a total slap in the face for the even n shameful of BA for the sake of one day :default_2gunsfiring_v1:

5 minutes ago, Ricardo said:

Clearly a case of double standards , how many work boats are left on public moorings for longer that 24 hrs the one at somerleyton that was working at herring fleet was there 3 days in the last bank holiday same with the reed cutter at beccles on a demasting mooring , one rule for them another for us boaters , there's the case of the swim in beccles too when BA gave up public moorings for those that don't actually contribute to the navigation budget , the 3 rivers race is a event that surely helps tourism in certain areas something BA are pushing to promote n the feel this is a total slap in the face for the even n shameful of BA for the sake of one day :default_2gunsfiring_v1:

Sorry Ricardo you didn't quite join all the dots; the Beccles swim event does not contribute to the navigation budget, whereas each of the boats in the 3 rivers race will have paid a Broads toll.  

42 minutes ago, Philosophical said:

Sorry Ricardo you didn't quite join all the dots; the Beccles swim event does not contribute to the navigation budget, whereas each of the boats in the 3 rivers race will have paid a Broads toll.  

Eh ? I said the beccles swim doesn't contribute to the nav budget , I'm pretty sure all my ducks are in a row on this one .

16 minutes ago, Ricardo said:

Eh ? I said the beccles swim doesn't contribute to the nav budget , I'm pretty sure all my ducks are in a row on this one .

17 minutes ago, Ricardo said:

Correct, the unjoined dots would have led to a statement that boats in the 3 rivers race do contribute in addition to all the tourism benefits..

• 4 weeks later...