New Boat Horn

TeamElla

I've just bought an emergency boat horn. Actually, it's the only horn we have at the moment and it has a wealth of fine attributes:-

VERY LOUD

No power required

No moving parts

Breaks down to 2 parts for storage

CHEAP (at £3.99 delivered)

Availability:-

A few days via mail order

Drawbacks:-

The operator needs training in it's use  (I find that it helps to limber up a bit and relax before operation!) 

Spouse may threaten physical damage if you practice with it in the house :default_smile:

===

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181429603950?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Does it work with the coverup ad the side coveres closed...

I founfd thoe only person who could here the orginal horn on my boat was the driver.. it was fitted iside the control panel and by the looks of t always had been..

I too have got a new horn, it is a Lindemann Marine twin tone.

41vfOt2solL._SX355_.jpg

On Trixie the existing one only worked sometimes and was pretty quiet, I did not feel she was the type of boat to have a big trumpet type horn but wanted more of a rich tone. Much time was taken finding videos of such in action to hear how they sounded and eventually opted for the above. It has a high and low tone simultaneously and means Trixie now sounds a bit like a classic Bentley.

£58.84 from Amazon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2