Pass the wet wipes!

Hi all

Sea Jem took us to sea today. 11.15 bridge out of Lowestoft with a run down to Southwold waypoint, turn around and back up to Corton in time to turn around for the 14:30 lift. Sea Jem performed impeccably - returning the care we have lavished on her.

So she now has a salty bottom - please pass the wet wipes!!

:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

regards

Wayne

Well done guy's you can join the club officially now or you could if there was one :lineup: You certainly had the right weather for a run to Southwold. Lets hope we get some good weather next weekend :grin:

I have been topping out at home for the last three days, one more day to go and I can get back to thinking about the boat.

Jonathan :Stinky

Well done Wayne and even more Tracey.

How was the sea and how was Tracey?

Hi Ian

We had a NE with 2/3 .

Tracy did great - she actually enjoyed the sea - Still the lock and bridges that spooks her but she is getting better everytime.

Just got to do written papers during the week and I hopefully will gain my ICC and CEVNI from the day as well...which way is Holland :grin:

It was also a nice surprise to see Luke and Claire in the lock outbound waiting for us. Brigid Mary also went out on the same lift.

regards

Wayne

Hi Ian

We had a NE with 2/3 .

Tracy did great - she actually enjoyed the sea - Still the lock and bridges that spooks her but she is getting better everytime.

Just got to do written papers during the week and I hopefully will gain my ICC and CEVNI from the day as well...which way is Holland :grin:

It was also a nice surprise to see Luke and Claire in the lock outbound waiting for us. Brigid Mary also went out on the same lift.

regards

Wayne

Hello Wayne,

Glad to hear all went well Yesterday, sorry I was unable to help out but work commitments ect.

we had a run down to Shotly in glorious conditions with the return journey today. got a little sh1tty off Southwold this afternoon, but was great to get away for the weekend.

By the way, the river is very shallow by Asda and eastwards.

As there is not an official salty bottoms club, why not consider joining the LHMCC. plenty going on for all levels of experience including weekend cruises ect,

Paul

We also passed and waved to the crew of 'Le Grande Cru' out on the Waveney yesterday, they were heading north towards Breydon, having just past the entrance to Oulton dyke, so may also have had a salty bottom and were in need of a wet wipe lol :lol::lol::lol:

As usual a few people being a bit silly out on Breydon as we crossed yesterday, it was quite busy with the muddy bottoms trying to cross at slack water, and probably quite a few first time hirers out there who must have been scared stiff by the antics of a large bling salty bottom, (the same design as the boat time share ones) who was taking great pride and laughing at the wake he was causing as he cut infront of several slower boats on overtaking them swamping their bows, he managed to chuck a wave over into our front well, and we were travelling in the same direction :o

Then im sure we spotted Brian's old Bayliner, now renamed, and with a young family onboard, as he approched to go upstream into the Bure, whilst still on the Plain!

Some silly muddy bottom stuff too, the usual 'We know better than the yards advice' lot who were standing on the boats roof whilst underway through the bridges, no life Jackets on, or sun hats for that matter, young kids up there with them running around, all looking like a pan of freshly boiled Lobsters! I bet they were suffering from a fair bit of discomfort by the time the sun went down lol, one guy had even taken his sunlounger up there onto the roof of one of Clive's flatties,i hope they remebered to wake him up from his snooze before vauxhal bridge did lol, and whoever hired 'Neptune 1' has managed to leave her high and dry on the mudbanks, abandoned with the canopy still left open and all soft furnishings exposed, and at quite a steep angle over on her side due to the fairly deep keel! :naughty:

On the whole though we find people are quite sensible and friendly whilst afloat, its the old story of just a few spoiling it for the many, and in some cases spoiling it for themselves :)

Julz :wave

... or sun hats for that matter, young kids up there with them running around, all looking like a pan of freshly boiled Lobsters! I bet they were suffering from a fair bit of discomfort by the time the sun went down lol,

Hi Julz and all

Yes - I think I would like to echo the comments about the sun. I went out in a tee shirt (with life jacket of course) but forgot the sun cream. The sun did not feel very strong and it was only about an hour and then I put a jacket on when we turned back and into the wind.

My arms, head and face are red raw - I wont be forgetting the sun crean and hat again - it hurts :cry

The stupid thing was we had all that on board

regards

Wayne

As usual a few people being a bit silly out on Breydon as we crossed yesterday, it was quite busy with the muddy bottoms trying to cross at slack water, and probably quite a few first time hirers out there who must have been scared stiff by the antics of a large bling salty bottom, (the same design as the boat time share ones) who was taking great pride and laughing at the wake he was causing as he cut infront of several slower boats on overtaking them swamping their bows, he managed to chuck a wave over into our front well, and we were travelling in the same direction :o

Did you get any pictures. It is perhaps time to name and shame.

If people continue to cause hire/river boats problems over Breydon, it's not going to be long before speed limits are imposed.

To all salty type boat owners...

Show some consideration and PLEASE SLOW DOWN PAST HIRE CRAFT! You never know if someone with no boating experience is standing at the galley with a pan full of boiling water only to be unexpectedley hit with wash and end up scarred for life.

I know it can be a pain and a waste of fuel to contantly speed up, slow down, but in the long run it is the only option if we want to maintain the lack of limits on Breydon.

(ps I've finished with the soapbox now if anyone wants to use it)

We were meant to be in Derby overnight on the Friday, but due to some major luck we got back late so decided to join Wayne and Tracy for a quick blast offshore. It turned out to be more than a quick blast and we didn't get back home till Sunday evening !

Here's a coupe of pics of Sea Gem who as Wayne said, performed flawlessly - she looked excellent !

post-699-136713700538_thumb.jpg

post-699-136713700568_thumb.jpg

post-699-136713700587_thumb.jpg

Bridgid Mary (hello Paul !) was out as well, and its always lovely to see her !

post-699-136713700608_thumb.jpg

We then doubled back up to Yarmouth to see Sea Hunter, and in the distance Notorious coming out of Yarmouth.

post-699-136713700895_thumb.jpg

post-699-136713700914_thumb.jpg

102 was coming out as we where coming in. She has a film crew on board, so you may see Relentless and Sea Gem on TV soon !! lol !!

post-699-136713700875_thumb.jpg

We also passed and waved to the crew of 'Le Grande Cru' out on the Waveney yesterday, they were heading north towards Breydon, having just past the entrance to Oulton dyke, so may also have had a salty bottom and were in need of a wet wipe lol :lol::lol::lol:

was i in the loo!!! :o sorry i missed you!!

whoever hired 'Neptune 1' has managed to leave her high and dry on the mudbanks, abandoned with the canopy still left open and all soft furnishings exposed, and at quite a steep angle over on her side due to the fairly deep keel! :naughty:

The top was left open by the Inshore lifeboat who took the hirers off - I heard that because of the 'twist' on her hull, the top couldn't slide - noticed no mud weight so will probably end up further up the mud today...

Not sure where we overtook you on the way back down yesterday as we left Salhouse at 8 and were low tide on Breydon (12:40ish)... hope it wasn't on Breydon...I'm sure we didn't swamp your bow.. although did grin a little ...or maybe alot whist crossing.. :pirate

Im sure that it want any of our salty bottom members misbehaving out there and scaring the newbies lol :naughty:

To be honest i have had far more challenging crossings of Breydon in the past, and some really scary moments in other parts of the world whilst out saltside, about the worst was a sail off the coast of the Greek island of Aegina several years ago whilst out on a small traditional woodern fishing boat, when we hit the mother of all storms, its the kind of experiance that you remember for the rest of your days :o

Nice to hear that the salty bottoms had a good time out too this weekend, the pictures sure do look like fun was had by all, no doubt helped by the brilliant sunshine we were lucky to have for yet again a fantastic NBN weekend :dancecheers

Thanks for the pictures Luke

B...dy hell - missed a fender ..again! :oops:

regards

Wayne

looks like a ball of snot from the end of her nose :lol::lol:

I bet its lovely to get a blast out at sea on such a nice day

Jonny ice sliceice slice

Thats great news Wayne & Tracey

Nice to see Sea Jem where it belongs. :clap

Well done Tracey, any phobia is hard to break, it would seem you are well on the way to breaking this one. My phobia is snakes, I can asure you this will go with me to the grave, as long as there isn't a snake in it of course.

cheersbar

Thanks for the pictures Luke

B...dy hell - missed a fender ..again! :oops:

regards

Wayne

Never mind the fender Wayne what is that interesting looking rope dangling from your pulpit. I noticed a similar item attached to Crackerjacks Pushpit at Easter after you had taken the stern rope off. You must have a lot of confidence in your rope dangling. please don't show Tammy how to do it . :grin:

Jonathan :Stinky