Norwich And Swan Roamer

2 minutes ago, Hylander said:

Regards the loo , we have taken on Griff's mantra ,  if its yellow let it mellow if its brown flush it down.         Does help a bit with these water guzzling loos.     Totally impractical and would be better if they took river water for a start.   

I guess this is called 'roughing it' as Judith Chalmers said.

Could't agree more, thats what we do when we have electric toilets, the old "dump through" ones were better in the respect that you could see exactly how full the tank was although they could smell a bit after a week.

When we had Roamer in April we had a pump out on the Wednesday (picked up Saturday) just to be safe, in fact we have done that on all boats with the electric toilets but the old style toilets would last us the full week.

• Like 3

It depends what system is fitted I guess, we have a Vetus toilet / flush system with 2 buttons  an eco and longer flush and will get  a week with 2 of us without needing to empty. It seems to be a pretty big tank which obviously helps.

John

1C97449A-A5EB-4D06-A0FB-9F27C258582F.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jbx5 said:

It depends what system is fitted I guess, we have a Vetus toilet / flush system with 2 buttons  an eco and longer flush and will get  a week with 2 of us without needing to empty. It seems to be a pretty big tank which obviously helps.

John

1C97449A-A5EB-4D06-A0FB-9F27C258582F.png

I have one of these fitted to the holding tank so I get a good idea of how full or empty it is.

image.png.43c6dd27e76ac5e361d5d3b75896d0fe.png

Interesting. Every time we hired Swan Reflection we only filled up with water every couple of days and never needed a pump out. The light was still on green when we got back to the yard after a full week. And Swancraft always said that you should have ten more flushes even once the red light came on. 

We were economical with water usage on board and used facilities on shore where we could. Never had any problems. 

• Like 2