Waterside Properties To Rent ?

Boaters

What do you mean by home moorings ? I' ve booked bure croft for a week but am a bit concerned that its a busy thoroughfare next to summercraft.

5 hours ago, CambridgeCabby said:

Bure Croft , and Bure Banks are both our home moorings , both have proved very popular and successful with fishermen (we do however have a resident otter )

6 hours ago, Boaters said:

Member of the family looking for a waterside property to  fish from on the Northern rivers  September time ,any advise welcome,thanks Roy 

Stayed at Wilderness and Riversmead both on  main river, fishing excellent on all 3 September occasions we visited. Also had a week at Owlswick at Grebe island , September again , water gin clear down the dyke , fishing poor.

Recommend Riverside Rentals 100%

Regards, Stefan.

On 29/05/2018 at 17:38, troutman62 said:

What do you mean by home moorings ? I' ve booked bure croft for a week but am a bit concerned that its a busy thoroughfare next to summercraft.

There are only four boats in total moored there and is very quiet and peaceful , virtually no river movement , as peaceful as it gets I assure you , and you have ample private parking for two cars at Bure Croft 

2 hours ago, CambridgeCabby said:

There are only four boats in total moored there and is very quiet and peaceful , virtually no river movement , as peaceful as it gets I assure you , and you have ample private parking for two cars at Bure Croft 

It doesnt mention this on the website, nor do the pictures show boats moored up !  are these boats moored permanently at the front of the property ? 

There are 4 of us going for the fishing and based on the pictures it looked ideal initially.

I would greatly appreciate some more info if you can as this booking is worrying us now and looking less appealing..Thanks for the reply !

The moorings are situated at the rear of the property , the opposite side to where you would be fishing , the boats are permanently moored (but usually moored elsewhere on the rivers for the weekend ) .

many fishermen and women have hired Bure Croft before and had a successful week.

when you arrive by car you will see the boats moored at the rear by your entrance to your two parking spaces .

most of the previous fishermen had fished from the front elevation during the day where it overlooks the Summercraft basin (only two start days with them and only a dozen boats in total if all hired out .

at night they have also fished from the side elevation into the dyke itself , I was on my boat a week ago Friday overnight and only one boat travelled past Bure Croft all day .

another bonus is the lockable storage room at the side of the property for storage of fishing gear.

hope this puts your mind at rest don’t hesitate to pm me if you want further information 

Picture is of rear of property , although you normally use door at rear to access it.

You can see ,just, back of Bure Croft on the left with the top of vehicle (motor home) of the hirers of it at the time in your parking area behind the fence.

the side garden and decking of Bure Croft faces the dyke with the larger decking area and garden facing private dyke leading to Summercraft , next time I’m down can try and take further pic if you so wish but don’t have any concerns , it is ideal for your needs 

02564396-B70F-4492-B286-E6F073A20152.png

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CambridgeCabby said:

The moorings are situated at the rear of the property , the opposite side to where you would be fishing , the boats are permanently moored (but usually moored elsewhere on the rivers for the weekend ) .

many fishermen and women have hired Bure Croft before and had a successful week.

when you arrive by car you will see the boats moored at the rear by your entrance to your two parking spaces .

most of the previous fishermen had fished from the front elevation during the day where it overlooks the Summercraft basin (only two start days with them and only a dozen boats in total if all hired out .

at night they have also fished from the side elevation into the dyke itself , I was on my boat a week ago Friday overnight and only one boat travelled past Bure Croft all day .

another bonus is the lockable storage room at the side of the property for storage of fishing gear.

hope this puts your mind at rest don’t hesitate to pm me if you want further information 

Phew ! Thanks for this mate you have put my mind at rest .

Had visions of casting over the top of a cruiser all week !  So pleased you replied

We hired Bure Banks mid March, off the beaten track and very private. A very nice modernised property, very clean, warm and comfortable but devoid of any homely touches. Very bright lights in the lounge  - the overall ambiance would be improved by lamps. Bure Croft & Bure Banks are adjacent detached properties with dykes to the front and rear of the properties. Parking is to the rear of the property. When we were there, two boats were moored in the dyke to the rear of the properties, but I wouldn’t consider them to be obtrusive. I believe one was a Broom and the other was an older type  bathtub front steering cruiser which between them took up about 50% of the available mooring space, leaving room to fish from the other 50% at that time. The front garden is accessed through patio doors from the dining area. The garden is completely private with decking, garden furniture and a Bar B Q  and bordering the front dyke.  From the main river the dyke is indentified as private so I doubt that many boats would enter it other than summer craft boats on turn round days. I am sure you will enjoy your stay at Bure Banks as much as we enjoyed ours.

Graham.

We knew the owners of Bure Croft and LL Cruisers many years ago before Summercraft bought them.  Directly behind Cambridge Cabby's boat was the slipway and LL Cruisers boatshed where Bure Bank now sits.  Early 80's Faircraft had their boatyard in the same dyke along with Falcon and it was still quiet ! 

I was only a young teenager but helped wash boats for use of LL's sailing dinghy !

• 1 month later...

Just found a couple of photos of LL Cruisers, 1st taken mid 80’s at the front and the 2nd round the back.  Looks like tha Alpha is moored in the same location as CambridgeCabby’s boat.  2nd was taken summer of 1987 when we popped in to say hi and found the owners had disappeared and Summercraft had taken over.  Never did find out what happened!

030901CD-29BD-4D1B-B88C-74F2EDB6019F.jpeg

43564FE1-FEA6-4CFC-AAD4-19C86F30AD58.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Love old photo's ! Unfortunately back home from Bure Croft now. Really pleased with the info you all supplied , best property we have had on the broads , fishing great , situation just could not be better ,weather roasting ! Really lovely week and everybody you meet can't be more friendly. I hope the resident semi tame pike is looked after properly as well ! I caught him twice on succesive days so packed up the piking for this holiday.

Regards to all and thanks again ! 

Stefan

1 hour ago, troutman62 said:

I hope the resident semi tame pike is looked after properly as well ! I caught him twice on succesive days

I hear he is thinking of getting an agent and charging an appearance fee next season :default_biggrin: