Gathering Gazebos Appeal

grendel

If you were at Salhouse this year, you will remember that we were lucky with the weather, which was a relief for those of us sorting tentage.

Now we are trying to make sure future meets stay snug and dry even if it rains,  and although we have a good tent, we admit it's a bit too small for our numbers. 

So we decided to launch an appeal for 'Gathering Gazebos'. We'd like to raise enough fund two pop-up gazebos, with sides, at about £100 each. Anyone who would like to contribute is asked to kindly donate through our Gathering Gazebos button.

If we manage to raise more than this amount, funds will go to purchasing a £96 Tug O' War rope, which Griff plans to use to good effect at future gatherings...you have been warned.:default_biggrin:

pixel.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• grendel pinned and featured this topic

This year, Paul, (Peter's Joy) very kindly lent one and we lent ours. His was lovely and set up a treat, in no time at all; ours was Homebase cheapest and was a nightmare, in fact it's still not back in the bag it came from. 

• Thanks 1

I don't know if this will help but …  I sometimes help out a friend of mine who's business includes renting out Gazebos. I asked him today to recommend a supplier of said units and described to him the usage they would have. He understood the requirements and advised that we bought the same ones as he gets. He replaces his after about 2 years, but that's after a hard life. He will get back to me with details of his supplier.

Any use? 

• Thanks 3

Just now, Bound2Please said:

Or summer gathering at Beecles of course

Which would be great if it were not for the fact that I'll be in Scotland in August:default_blink:

On another note.......My window stickers arrived today, all the way from Holland On Sea, could have saved you the stamp lol:default_biggrin:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, coolcat said:

My window stickers arrived today, all the way from Holland On Sea, could have saved you the stamp lol:default_biggrin:

So thats where they went, I put them in envelope and was going to deliver on Monday eve, but daughter chucked them in the post lol ................

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bound2Please said:

So thats where they went, I put them in envelope and was going to deliver on Monday eve, but daughter chucked them in the post lol ................

Didn't have many miles to travel :default_biggrin:

I'm up to Knockhill on the August Bank Holiday for the British Touring Car Championship so sadly will miss the South side meet. 

Will deffo get to both fingers crossed next year though......Was great fun and a lovely crowd. Hoping we may be able to make all three days as well .

• Like 2

On 30/05/2018 at 09:44, Polly said:

This year, Paul, (Peter's Joy) very kindly lent one and we lent ours. His was lovely and set up a treat, in no time at all; ours was Homebase cheapest and was a nightmare, in fact it's still not back in the bag it came from. 

Ok so after checking the family don't need to borrow it again, and i wont use it, i'll donate the gazebo to the forum if required.

The same one is still available from Argos to match it so you only need to buy one more.

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/4832669

Paul.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7