Norada (formally Broadshaven)

MauriceMynah

I went into Norada (Formally the BroadsHaven) when I was last on the broads (Meet Week). and I wish the new people all the luck.

It was an interesting experience, and one I shall be repeating. The real ales available were Larcons and Shepard Neame Spitfire. I say available, sadly the landlord wouldn't serve them as they were not up to standard at that time. I have since heard that when he did make them available they were good. This bodes well for the future. The décor was not to my taste, but that's not really a problem,

The fact that it's unlike any other broadland pub only goes to increase the choice of pub styles available to the punter. In my opinion, they have very wisely used the riverside bar as the main bar area.

My advice to all is "Use it or lose it" we have waited a long time for it to re-open.  

• Like 4

I was in Potter today. I wanted a new, cheap beach rod for casting feathers. I thought it looked so much smarter from the Staithe area. However they really do need to tidy up the non river side of the building viewed by anyone going to the toilets it is still it's rundown self. Nice to see tables out on the river bank, I wish them well. This weekend should give them a boost as folk wait to see the carnage! Although with pathetic wind speed and rain forecast maybe the Potter Bridge crowds will be much smaller this year.