Martham Boats

Victoryv

Just want to make public the brilliant service we received from Martham boats last week. We broke down on wednesday with a failed alternator, rang the yard and within an hour they were out to us with a new one, problem was once fitted the batteries were so low it would not charge them for love or money, we managed until next day without power but managed to start the engine, later that day they delivered 4 new batteries on loan. All this despite the fact they were working flat out to finish their stunning new yacht ready for its first hire today and entry in the 3 rivers race (hope the crew do justice to the boat). As its our own boat, we appreciate service when its beyond the expected.

Many thanks also to Mick (owner of Nice One) and his son Paul who both gave up a lovely afternoon to help.

Warms your heart1

Look out for the new yacht, I think its called Jacander, check out the interior if you can, a class of its own.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

45 - 40 years ago I used to hire a half-decker from them whilst my parents hired a riverside shack (cottage) either in Repps or Ranworth.  Boat was usually Windrush or Jamesea I (or II?).

I recall one year after taking over the cottage my parents drove my brother & self to Martham to collect the boat.  An elderly rep came to help us - we too the boat to the other bank of the river (lee shore) to rig & the guy turned to my father & said "they know what they are doing" & went back to the office.

On 01/06/2018 at 15:15, Victoryv said:

check out the interior if you can, a class of its own.

Glad to hear you had great service.  The last hireboat we ever hired was a marthams boat.. proper boats..

You can't though, make a comment like this and not share pictures.. Please? please... ;) 

Sorry, no pictures of the interior, there were to many people working onboard trying to finish it.

I have long been of the opinion that there is a hire market for wooden boats, or traditional looking boats with plastic hulls, fitted out to a high standard.

We also retired in the 3RR having done both legs and made it across Hickling and Back by 2.30am but did the calculation and realised we would not make Acle and back to Horning before cut off . We passed 3 of the Martham Yachts tacking up towards Potter Bridge as we motored back.

• Like 1

On 03/06/2018 at 08:55, grendel said:

yes there are way too few interior shots of the Martham fleet.

Totally agree. I am sure that their site used to have a photo of Tumblehome's interior but it is not there now.

It is true of boats in general though. Not so true of inland waterways due to the benign conditions but in my many years seagoing as a family you can spent many days in harbour even in high summer and living accommodation is then very important.

I have noticed builders, Cornish Crabbers being an example show far fewer interior shots than they once did. Unless it is a way to get you to look in person at an agent or boat show?