Loyalty

topcat

Hi, sorry got taken away from computor, I was refering to richardsons loyalty scheme/ having had £300.00 knocked off the boat this year, i have to say a big thankyou to them it really is rewarding its regular clients. roll on 16th june aboard swan roamer

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am hopefully going to sneak a 4 day trip in, in the October half term.

Wouldn’t normally be able to do this, but the Loyalty scheme will pretty much cover it, so makes it possible this year!!!

It is one of the reasons we stick with Richardson’s. The other is the good value of there Classic fleet.

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Bexs said:

I am hopefully going to sneak a 4 day trip in, in the October half term.

Wouldn’t normally be able to do this, but the Loyalty scheme will pretty much cover it, so makes it possible this year!!!

It is one of the reasons we stick with Richardson’s. The other is the good value of there Classic fleet.

Give me a wave if you pass me, I should be on the river in October half term too :default_icon_wave:

when is half term, lads week is in October too.

Starts Monday 22nd October for our schools down south.. sometimes Norfolk is different.

18 minutes ago, Bexs said:

Starts Monday 22nd October for our schools down south.. sometimes Norfolk is different.

I think ours up north must be the week after as i am afloat from the 27th October.

On 01/06/2018 at 15:37, topcat said:

Hi, sorry got taken away from computor, I was refering to richardsons loyalty scheme/ having had £300.00 knocked off the boat this year, i have to say a big thankyou to them it really is rewarding its regular clients. roll on 16th june aboard swan roamer

Hiya Topcat, we`ll be on Lightning that week, so i`l keep an eye out for you.

I feel the big problem with Richo`s loyalty scheme, is that it DISCOURAGES hirers from trying other fleets. Yes i know we all have our favourites, but it often makes a nice change to go elsewhere, and, as the saying goes, familiarity breeds contempt.  Even when i regularly hired from Maffett Cruisers, i still tried elsewhere, and found out some were really good, and others i WOULD`NT give you airspace for.  Other fleets we went with were,  Herbert Woods, twice, never again. Kingline once, now gone, but never again. Aston Boats, three times, great yard, but now gone, Summercraft twice, great yard, Bridgecraft twice, great yard, Pacific Cruisers once, great yard.  

My own personal opinion is that when dealing with a big business, you are a ref no talking to an employee, whereas when dealing with the smaller independant, or family yards, you`re dealing with the owners, who from my experiences, are more likely to listen and act on your feedback, AND, have as a hole, given us a more personal, and sometimes flexible service. That`s why, if we ever have to sell our share in Lightning and go back to hiring, the smaller family fleets like Pacific, Freedom, Bridgecraft and Summercraft, would be the most likely to get our custom.

But heyho, each to their own.................

• Like 1

Each to their own indeed. The other nice thing about hiring from different yards, rather than sticking with one, is starting from different places. When we hired from Richardson's (just the once!) we didn't really cruise the Ant other than on leaving and returning to the yard. When we leave from Barnes or NBD in Wroxham, again we avoid the Horning to Wroxham stretch for most of the week.

Ferry Marina's position in Horning is great as a starting point because there are so many places in easy reach for first and last night moorings. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

I feel the big problem with Richo`s loyalty scheme, is that it DISCOURAGES hirers from trying other fleets. Yes i know we all have our favourites, but it often makes a nice change to go elsewhere, and, as the saying goes, familiarity breeds contempt.  Even when i regularly hired from Maffett Cruisers, i still tried elsewhere, and found out some were really good, and others i WOULD`NT give you airspace for.  Other fleets we went with were,  Herbert Woods, twice, never again. Kingline once, now gone, but never again. Aston Boats, three times, great yard, but now gone, Summercraft twice, great yard, Bridgecraft twice, great yard, Pacific Cruisers once, great yard.  

My own personal opinion is that when dealing with a big business, you are a ref no talking to an employee, whereas when dealing with the smaller independant, or family yards, you`re dealing with the owners, who from my experiences, are more likely to listen and act on your feedback, AND, have as a hole, given us a more personal, and sometimes flexible service. That`s why, if we ever have to sell our share in Lightning and go back to hiring, the smaller family fleets like Pacific, Freedom, Bridgecraft and Summercraft, would be the most likely to get our custom.

That is actually the point of a loyalty scheme.

Just now, Philosophical said:

That is actually the point of a loyalty scheme.

Yes, i know, that`s why i posted it. That was the whole point of my post, to explain to people that by returning to Richo`s every time, they`re missing out on good, and possibly BETTER and more PERSONAL service, instead of being a reference number, from a smaller more friendly yard.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

Yes, i know, that`s why i posted it. That was the whole point of my post, to explain to people that by returning to Richo`s every time, they`re missing out on good, and possibly BETTER and more PERSONAL service, instead of being a reference number, from a smaller more friendly yard.

IMHO many people are very satisfied with the "Richo's experience" and appreciate the fact that Richo's acknowledge and reward their loyalty. Other yards/boats are easy to research by way of comparison before booking. 

Both Richardsons and the smaller yards have pros and cons. Pros to Richardsons are prices a country mile lower than everywhere else and general efficiency and good service (very efficient, if not personal). Cons are nobody remembers me even though I've hired from them for years and queuing at reception with the rest of the crowd. Smaller yards, like Freedom who I went with in April, are friendlier, much more personal and more likely to remember you. On the flip side you get less boat choice and you can pay more. Thanks to Richardsons loyalty scheme, pricing and service, I was loyal to them for 10 consecutive visits 2012-2017. That would have continued had it not been for the much documented change in policy towards solo hirers which pushed me to Freedom for my hire in April. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Interesting thread, yes, the big yards give more choice and can be competitive price wise. 

For me though, the main drawback is that they are not very flexible, for example hiring out of season. Why would they want to?

I think that this is  one of the many reasons that Swancraft and Bridgecraft, do, and did, provide such an excellent service.

Personal opinion of course :default_biggrin:

• Like 6

18 hours ago, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

Just to even it up ( as is only fair I think) I have hired from HW about 5 times in the last 10 years. Each and everytime has been a great experience both in staff and boats. Any small problem we had was sorted out quickly and with a smile .

They even gave us a day boat FOC  to allow us to go up to Martham boats to hire a dinghy as they had none left. They then returned the boat for us when we returned later in the week. A few of the staff got to know us and would always come over for a chat when we were loading up , or back in the yard for one reason or another. I even turned up in a Ricos boat one year and they had a laugh about that also.

The last 3 hire yards I have used HW , Rico, and Pacific have all been excellent .

As much as I love the broads, the people of Norfolk also help make our holidays special. The vast majority seem so laid back and friendly. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I like returning to Richardson's for a few reasons, one of those reasons is because we don't have to waste time doing the trial run as we have hired so many times before.

• Like 1