Introduction

topcat

Hi, I would like to say thanks to those that welcomed me to the forum, hello to those that havn,t. I appreciate the nice comments i got from most it,s a shame about the couple of idiot remarks i got, i like a bit of fun, but being plain stupid is for those much younger than i, i,ll be 75  in a few days but still fit and always glad of a laugh. On SWAN ROAMER the 16th June that,ll make it my  60th year of broads cruising, so for now i wish you all happy sailing. 

topcat

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Welcome aboard from me. 

Please don't be offended by the silly posts, this is a friendly forum, they meant no harm.

Enjoy your 60th year of cruising, that's some accolade and you must certainly have seen the broads change a lot in that time.

Looking forward to your posts. 

• Like 2

Dont worry about the few ,    Gracie and I have it all sorted.       Found a lovely Home for them all.         Dont take offence , if you see the tripe I get on my posts you will realise that it is probably the only pleasure some of them get.  Not quite 75 but 72 and 73 this year and going to make the most of every moment.

A big Welcome from me and mine.

:default_winko:

• Like 1

Weclome again from me Topcat

Congrats on your 60 years of cruising

Regarding the remarks on your Loyalty thread, please don't take offence, this is a friendly forum, I don't think I'm wrong in saying that most of us consider ourselves as friends some of us haven't met yet but friends regardless. The remarks may have been a bit silly but I can assure you each and every one of them would break an arm to offer help and assistance to anyone of us on here, new members such as yourself included

Enjoy the forum give em as good as you get, that's what Monica (Hylander) and I do :default_biggrin:

Have a lovely holiday on the 16th. A smashing boat you've gone for too, Simon (Broads01) has just come back from hiring her, he's posted some smashing pics, take a look at the Norwich and Swan roamer topic, it's a great write up too

Grace

• Like 2

Sixty years cruising the Broads, no mean feat is that. Gosh, you must have seen some changes in that time, some good and some not so good. In that time the biggest improvement that I can think of is waterproof decks, those of you who haven't woken up in soaked bed cloths don't know what you are missing!  The loss of the deposit scheme removing any financial responsibility from the hirer is probably the biggest negative in that time. 

53 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

Sixty years cruising the Broads, no mean feat is that. Gosh, you must have seen some changes in that time, some good and some not so good. In that time the biggest improvement that I can think of is waterproof decks, those of you who haven't woken up in soaked bed cloths don't know what you are missing!  The loss of the deposit scheme removing any financial responsibility from the hirer is probably the biggest negative in that time. 

Those rope fenders were very heavy if they got wet.

Totally agree with the deposit comment.

Hi Topcat, I think I've found the source of the confusion. You have inadvertently started two threads of the same name (Loyalty) in the same area (Broads Chat)

What this has meant is that your second post in the first thread, referred to your second post in that thread, ie it was referring to itself, and not the first post in the second thread (Also called 'Loyalty' and also in 'Broads chat.).  I'm not sure if this would help but perhaps the Mods could merge those two 'threads'

Welcome to the forum, Topcat. I had seen the second separate posting where you referred to Richardson’s loyalty scheme which entitled you to a £300.00 discount. Like yourself I have been coming on the broads since the mid 60’s and it is always good to get a bonus of some description, be it cash, free fuel or whatever. We hired from Ernest Collins and Alpha craft for several years booking  4 weeks per year (2 x 2 weeks) and we always got a discount. Currently I use ferry Marina which is all inclusive and saves a few pounds. I hired swan roamer when it belonged to Swancraft. It is a lovely spacious and comfortable boat and we couldn’t fault it in any way. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did and that  going forward we can both enjoy the broads for as long as possible. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Broads01 said:

Welcome Topcat and I hope you enjoy Swan Roamer as much as my wife and I did. Thanks, Grace, for your kind comments. BrianW has also hired and written about Swan Roamer this year and has it booked for a second visit I believe. 

Hi Topcat

Indeed we are back on Swan Roamer later this year but I don't like to advertise when on an open forum, however if you have any questions about the boat I will willingly try to answer them as I'm sure Simon will as well.

• Like 2