Full English Breakfast Cookomg On The Corsican ... Part 45

Nice to see the Full English cooked properly. One pan, one oven dish. I've been on holiday with people who have cooked breakfast and by the time you've finished washing up it's time to start making lunch. Nice too to see no hash browns, no baked beans. They have no place on a proper English breakfast, though I would have liked a slice of fried bread. Warm the plates, if you have a grill over the oven that's ideal, the heat from the oven will do the job, if not stand them in  hot water in the sink. The warm plates will keep the eggs hot whilst the bread fries in all the lovely bacon fat and butter from the tomatoes.  Fresh tomatoes are a must too, not tinned that leave your plate swimming in watery juice. 

I can add a few of my tips. If you are holidaying on a boat remember to take a decent frying pan with you, there is rarely one on board. Once you have plated up leave the gas on low and put some boiling water and a tiny squirt of fairy liquid in the pan and oven tray. Put the pan on the gas and stand the oven tray on top of it. While you eat breakfast the greasy pans will clean themselves. 

Enjoy with a glass of Orange juice and that's two of your five a day taken care of. 

• Like 4

I agree with Paul about the beans and hash browns. And I love the fact your sausages are still juicy, can't understand folks that cook sausages until they are dry. Don't see the point of having a sausage if that what you do to em. Cooking is only a matter of heat for time equalling energy transferred so it doesn't have to be brown or burned or anything to be cooked. YES you were missed at the meet.

Tell Austin Monty is still growing...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CheshireCat said:
I have been asked to do this one so here we go with the full English breakfast ...

Is this the June Slimmer's Special by any chance?     Looks amazing, surely that isnt a portion for one person though.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, MauriceMynah said:

I agree Monica, but you can always fill up with some bread and butter if you're still hungry. :)

I can feel the need for the Gaviscon.       Geoffrey, you are amazing and the blog is appreciated.   It was obviously one of those awful humid days when you did the recording.   I like your system of keeping everything hot and doing it all in an order of how long needs to be cooked.   Well done.

• Like 1

Thanks so much for all the nice feedback it is greatly appreciated , it is so nice to know that people out there are enjoying them I will keep them coming , remember anything you would like me to do cooking wise only just cover my back there I would be happy to give it a go all the very best to one and all … cheers ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1