Boat Specific Forum(s)

I wonder if if would be feasible or popular enough to be worth doing, to consider boat specific discussions?

As a Safari owner I've noticed several questions about them lately and any answer is of interest to all Safari owners given their age and popularity. It made me wonder that if all such queries were grouped together it could become a very useful resource over time.

Of course the same applies to other boats and I guess there could be a danger of speading posts too thin if there are lots of seperate forums, so it is just a thought really.

We used to have a seperate section for each of the different boat types, but we had complaints that there were too many different sections, which made navigation difficult, this is compounded by the advent of the mobile apps, where things would get extremely complicated if we were to have too may sections, so I think for now starting a seperate thread for each type of boat in the general discussion sub section of the boats section (or technical if it is a technical matter) as it becomes necessary will keep things simple.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What I do think is sad is the number of Owners Clubs who's sites are now a shaddow of their former selves due in a large part to splinter Facebook groups.

• Like 3

Too true, facebook is no substitute for a decent forum, it can happily run alongside, but the purposes of the two are not the same, facebook is all about the now, - just try and find something posted even as long as a few hours ago, whereas Forums are for the long term where you can search and easily find information.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, FairTmiddlin said:

Need to elect a working party first surely

to conduct a feasability study?

Then there's 'elf and safety to consider...there's a point...Oi Grendel! I hope you is wearing your hard hat and safety boots! :default_norty:

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Timbo said:

Then there's 'elf and safety to consider...there's a point...Oi Grendel! I hope you is wearing your hard hat and safety boots! :default_norty:

To guide us through these study groups and working parties, we need a steering committee.

50 minutes ago, FairTmiddlin said:

30 minutes ago, Philosophical said:

To guide us through these study groups and working parties, we need a steering committee.

Oh come off it you two, Have you done a logistics exercise into doing all that?

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

The best form of committee consists of three people.

Two of whom are off sick.

I thought that in forming a committee the first rule was ensure that all members had a similar viewpoint and opinion to the chairman 

46 minutes ago, stumpy said:

Should there not be a team-working and diversity seminar somewhere central for all delegates first? Monte Carlo is nice at this time of year.

All expenses paid of course!!

21 minutes ago, Ray said:

Love the way this thread went, cracking banter guys :default_beerchug:

I should add that regardless of the committee's final recommendations I shall be seeking an enquiry and a Judicial Review! :default_biggrin:

I agree,   anything to waste time and money and delay matters.    Ditherers United.      Now where have I read something very similar in the daily papers.     Going back to the OP.     Good idea.

12 hours ago, grendel said:

darn it, I just have my hard boots and safety hat.

Could be a bit nippy in the cold weather if that is all you are going to wear.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, FairTmiddlin said:

Not to forget a pointless public consultation for the purpose of being ignored, table top studies, vision creation and subsequent job creation!