Licence Plate And Letters

I've just tried to make my own plate holders from perspex to tie on to the bow rails and made a complete 'town halls' of them! So can anybody tell me the if you can buy licence plates to stick the registration stickers on or the best material to use.

Also I'm looking to renew the boat name in 316 stainless or chrome lettering has anybody got any ideas/contacts as I've just had a 4 figure quote (without a decimal) and the boat name isn't a welsh town :default_icon_e_surprised:

Thanks

Simon

I used some of the stuff sign makers use.  I cant remember the name of it but its a white sheet material 3/4mm thick and you can score it with a knife and then it snaps. Drill a few holes for the cable ties and job done!

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, grendel said:

would that be the lightweight foamboard?

Brian Ward's sell number boards made from foamboard cut to size, very inexpensive, just stick on the adhesive numbers and away you go (might even include the wire ties)  

7 hours ago, Philosophical said:

Brian Ward's sell number boards made from foamboard cut to size, very inexpensive, just stick on the adhesive numbers and away you go (might even include the wire ties)  

And being a member of NBN you get a discount!

It depends on the name of your boat. I'm thinking of going to a street market where they make number plates. and getting

L005 NYX

made up. I'd love to register a car one day to that number, but that's a long time away.

So I agree with Simon except I think markets are cheaper.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

That may be tricky especially if the boat is called

" Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch Castle "

Agreed you would have to put the word castle on a separate plate :default_eusa_naughty::default_eusa_naughty:

3 hours ago, grendel said:

but there is a church (or two)

But that's in the original name

LlanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogOGOgoch.

Saint Mary's Church in the hollow of the white hazel near a rapid whirlpool and the Church of St. Tysilio of the red cave