Something Has Gone Missing!

Meantime

56 minutes ago, Londonlad1985 said:

Is it the famous light in the old boat moored in a chalet at Potter? I couldn't see it when I went past a few weeks ago. 

Last time I went past there a couple of weeks ago it was still there, but someone had changed the bulb to a newer style. Again not the one I was thinking off.

24 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Is it the peace and tranquility missing since silly season started?

It may have gone for now, and I'm sure on the 15th is due to get even worse, but come Winter the peace will return, so sorry but not the thing I'm thinking off. I will add it is a physical thing, not a feeling or sentiment.

7 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

Is it the old boot on one of the posts on the lower Bure?  We went past there twice at end of May but I didn't particularly look for it

Griff

Thinking about it, I don't remember it being there when I went past either. I believe the BA often stick an old boot up there from time to time to keep up the tradition, so It will probably be back. Something that has almost become part of the furniture of The Broads scene is what I'm thinking off. It's not a piece of furniture by the way :-)

15 minutes ago, Bound2Please said:

16th is the first day of the season

Aah but the 15th is when many get the strimmers and lawn mowers out and start cutting back their patch of turf in preparation for the open season, thus shattering the peace and quiet on the 15th, he says rapidly back tracking.

47 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

Is it the old boot on one of the posts on the lower Bure?  We went past there twice at end of May but I didn't particularly look for it

Griff

I looked for it a couple of times too, maybe it finally dropped into the drink!

11 hours ago, EastCoastIPA said:

Too cryptic for me, not what I was thinking of!

I originally said the boat with the light at Potter but then went onto Facebook :facepalm: and the first thing I saw was a picture from yesterday morning of the boat with the light at Potter, hence the edit.

Since the 1970's a few 'things' have gone missing, on the River Bure between Stracey Arms and Wroxham bridge. Jack Powles, Ernest Collins, Smiths, Porter & Haylett, Southgates Main yard, Wilds, Ferry Boatyard and Chumley & Hawke, to name just a few of the old yards that are gone and sadly missed...

Mostly replaced by quick build, ordinary looking holiday homes or private moorings, a great pity really.