Liferaft Hire

Guest Jupiter Mist

Hi all,

does anyone know where I can locally hire (short term) a liferaft for our jaunt to southwold this weekend? :Stinky

We live between lowestoft and great yarmouth.

adam :pirate :pirate :pirate

MARINE SAFETY CENTRE LTD

UNIT 4, COLVILLE ROAD

NR33 9QX LOWESTOFT, SUFFOLK

Phone: 01502 500940

fax Fax: 01502 500937

Though I would have thought an inflatable ready for quick use would be more than enough for a trip along the coast.

thanks david.

We were hoping to have bought a rib by now which we would think would be an acceptable alternative to a liferaft for coastal, but alas, have not done so yet.

All we have on board is a 2 man plastic blow up kayak and a little blow up dinghy with plastic oars that the kids bought on holiday in corfu :naughty::naughty:

As we will have lydia with us (aged 11) I am going for the safer option.

lb :pirate

As always Adam, better safe than sorry, if it's there the likelyhood of it being needed diminishes, that must be somebody's law but I don't know who's. :naughty:

Leroy Blings I believe david :naughty::naughty::naughty:

Hi Adam

I will echo David's recommendation. I bought some flares from these guys a couple of weeks ago. Really nice people, very helpful

As I have read on the forum before ...all this equipment we buy, hoping to never use :o

See you soon

Wayne

Adam - the chaps that David mentioned above did have some second hand 6 man liferafts for £200

This includes a full service and certificated - and I thought they were good value - well good enough for me to buy one !!!

I would offer you mine to borrow for the trip, but depending on what time / knackered state I get back from Portugal, I might pop down to Southwold on the Wednesday for an overnighter if you guys are still there...

Edited to say that they might be 4 man - can't remember and its dark out so I can't go and check....

Adam - the chaps that David mentioned above did have some second hand 6 man liferafts for £200

This includes a full service and certificated - and I thought they were good value - well good enough for me to buy one !!!

I would offer you mine to borrow for the trip, but depending on what time / knackered state I get back from Portugal, I might pop down to Southwold on the Wednesday for an overnighter if you guys are still there...

Edited to say that they might be 4 man - can't remember and its dark out so I can't go and check....

Hi Luke are these the hard canister type life rafts.

Jonathan :Stinky

Hi Jonathon

Unfortunetly not, just valise. I'm not sure of the age, I reckon about eight or nine years old, but the cover is in good nick.

I wouldn't of bought one normally, ie. second hand and a bit older than I would of liked, but these guys know what they are doing and it came with a certificate so I'm happy about the quality. I had to wait a week as they serviced it to order.

Not sure if they have any left, but worth a call if you need one...