DSC routing calls?

As the salty contigent seem to be arriving at Lowestoft at different times/days and no specific location (RNSYC, Haven, Hamilton, wherever there is space!) would it be a good idea if I tried my new DSC capabilites to make contact when we (hopefully) arrive Sunday to find out where people are? I haven't used the DSC call function yet :naughty:

Wondered what alarm was going off, thought Clanny had got a sound I had never heard before, lol, will have to have a play the weekend and see if I can't work out how to use it.

We still have the group MMSI that David so kindly sorted out for us that if I am guessing right should ring everyone and change all the radios to whichever channel. Not sure how this works either so again something to experiment with.

Hi guys, if you call the group MMSI it will "ring" in all installations that have that MMSI programmed into them assuming they are in range and have it switched on. The message on screen, depending on the tranciever will say something like "do you wish to accept this call" if you accept it they your set will automtically switch to the chanel selected by the caller. In fact just as you all learned on your DSC courses. :naughty::ugeek: