England V Tunisia

coolcat

1 hour ago, scaniaman said:

Can I say "as a former football ref" he was shocking! He should have been a Rugby ref,they are sponsored by specsavers.also, I now have no nails left for the rest of the tournament.:default_shocked1animated:

I think he should be reported up quite frankly,  blatant favouritism ,  thought they were supposed to have a video judge as well as clueless himself.

7 hours ago, TheQ said:

I succefully missed it all, two weeks more of missing it all to go...

Trouble is it is everywhere.  

Even the first item on a news broadcast I saw this morning.  Surely there are more important things in the world at the moment?  I could say more but would probably end up upsetting someone.

Fortunately we are both of the same mindset in our house.....

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

As a great man once said "Football is more important then life or death "

:419_soccer::419_soccer::419_soccer:

If you're going to quote the great man,  please get it right - 

“Some people believe football is a matter of life and death,  I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.”.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, JennyMorgan said:

One swallow doesn't make a summer! 

No, but it does make it your round!

On the football we won, let's take the three points and move on. Beat Panama on Sunday and that puts us into the knock out stages before we face Belgium, who are my dark horses for this tournament. 

VAR was very concerning, let's be honest since the Salisbury incident England is about as popular in Russia as a dose of the clap. There seemed to be a degree of political intervention in the VAR decisions. We might have to do this the hard way.

5 hours ago, kadensa said:

If you're going to quote the great man,  please get it right - 

“Some people believe football is a matter of life and death,  I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.”.

That must be a mistake, replace football with The Broads!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, donnygeoff said:

I am not a betting man, but there is only one team that is going to win this years world cup, and I put my house on that......

There's certainly only one team that's going to win, the $64m question is which one ......

1 hour ago, MauriceMynah said:

What if it's a draw?

Then it will be a penalty shoot out, though I think a better way to resolve draws in football matches would be to line all the players up in a row and make them run from one end of the pitch to another. Meanwhile the opposing team throw wet sponges at them. The team with the most players that reach the end of the pitch without falling over and acting like they've been shot with an elephant gun wins. 

• Haha 2

So many people trying so hard to avoid football that they walk into a football related thread to talk about not wanting anything to do with football.

I hate and can't understand fishing, you all seem so weird and boring. I'm sure I saw a fishing thread though so I'm just off to have a good read and make comments in there 

:default_smiley-taunt014:

1 minute ago, Jayfire said:

So many people trying so hard to avoid football that they walk into a football related thread to talk about not wanting anything to do with football.

I hate and can't understand fishing, you all seem so weird and boring. I'm sure I saw a fishing thread though so I'm just off to have a good read and make comments in there 

:default_smiley-taunt014:

I don't even know what I'm doing on this forum! I hate The Norfolk Broads and all you do is discuss it. There's more to life than water and boats...…. I think! :default_coat:

8 minutes ago, EastCoastIPA said:

I don't even know what I'm doing on this forum! I hate The Norfolk Broads and all you do is discuss it. There's more to life than water and boats...…. I think! :default_coat:

You are absolutely correct, there is so much more to life than water and boats.

Beer, lager, wine, gin, vodka.....

Oh, not forgetting football :default_hiding: